BA flight report BA1394 LHRMAN

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
pkjet
Registered Member

BA flight report BA1394 LHRMAN

Post by pkjet »

After touring BA's exclusive lounges at LHR and lunch at head office we headed back to LHR for our return flight.

Saw Aeroflot A321,AF320, VS and BA744s to JFK,Egyptian A330 and Qatar's enormous A340 !

BA 1394 G-BPEK 757 LHRMAN

Boarding again was late due late inbound aircraft.
Swift boarding and this flight could not have been more different than the earlier one to LHR !

The cabin service director(CSD) and an Italian steward stood at the door smiling and laughing with passengers and welcoming them onboard.

The 757 has galleys midway and toilets also. Most of the cabin is leather seating except the last zone which has fabric seats, This is beacuse the leather section used to be Business Class an dthe fabric section Economy.

Take off late due long waits at LHR but First Officer Kirsty updated us as to how long it would be.

Take off was the strangest experience I have ever had.

The aircraft began it's roll and dissappeared into cloud as soon as it left therunway. We the felt the aircraft sepeeding over the clouds and believe me it wasn't nice !

This time round we were offered a sandwich( Egg and Cheese or Chicken and bacon) along with a complimentary bar.

Sandwich so good I asked for another ! Crew extremely pleasant and friendly and the airhostess looking after the gallet behind me was from the same town as me in Scotland !

So there you have it, two very different flights from one airline.

But the longhaul product remains fiercely unbeatable with just Emirates and Singapore bing the titans trying to compete with BA !
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !