BA flight report BA1389 MANLHR

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
pkjet
Registered Member

BA flight report BA1389 MANLHR

Post by pkjet »

Last week, me and my BA training group flew MANLHRMAN for a few hours to experience BA's flight service and see the construction of the new Terminal 5 which will be the airline's new heart and soul from next March, 2008 !
-----------------

MAN-LHR BA1389 A320 G-BUSF
-----------------------------------

The whole group had checked in online the day before so we simply arrived at MAN and went through the usual security( girls all asked to remove make up and put in clear bags and guys to take off their shoes).

We then headed to the Executive lounge which gave amazing panoramic views of the whole runway. Saw AP-BGY landing.

Elswhere there was the usual American 757 boarding for Boston and the BA 767 for JFK.

Boarding completed late due late inbound aircraft from LHR. I saw from the terminal that this aircraft was G-BUSF.

Crew , in nicer words, were tired and only the steward boarding the flight and one young stewardess smiled at all. It was like being onboard PIA !

Leather seats nice and as we pushed back the next MAN-LHR flight arrived(G-BUSH).Yes, that is the actual registration !

Some passengers were offered both drinks and snacks and some only drinks.

I had to ask the Asian(Sikh) steward for some peanuts which he then gave to me but others were offered these before asking.

The couple next to me were transferring onto Qantas to go and see their daughter in Sydney and asked me various stuff about transferring at LHR.

Next thing you know we have landed, 40 minutes after leaving MAN. The aircraft was certainly showing it's age and I will be glad when these oldies are out of the BA fleet !

Saw TG and CX as well as a barrage of BA/VS 744s upon landing at LHR.

As soon as we disembarked the aircraft was turned around anad operated a flight to Newcastle in the space of 50 mins.

So basically we landed and visited the BA Terraces lounge and could see that the NCL flight was boarding via the gate we had just arrived from.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

How many hours per week do the short haul crew work?
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

Its referred to as a parabolic flight. Do you have any inside information on the lounges in T5?

Contrast the peanuts offered by BA to the extensive meal service by PIA on a similar length LHE-Islamabad service. Sometimes the Pakistani public cannot appreciate the benefits that they do get.