Manchester and other UK Airports to get US Immigration Pre-Clearance

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
pkjet
Registered Member

Manchester and other UK Airports to get US Immigration Pre-Clearance

Post by pkjet »

Further to this report and Manchester's massive expansion plans,the launch date may well be sooner...

US pre-clearance system arriving soon at UK airports

British passengers to the US could be able to undergo pre-clearance at Heathrow and Manchester within the next five years, enabling faster processing through stateside terminals.

US pre-clearance system coming soon to British airports

According to a US government official, Manchester Airport may be able to implement the scheme as early as 2021 and along with Heathrow, is currently negotiating the adoption of the system with American authorities.

US Customs and Border Protection has expressed its hope of doubling the amount of travellers taking advantage of pre-clearance over the next decade.

The scheme allows outbound passengers to undertake all immigration and customs inspections prior to departure meaning that upon touching down in the US they are treated as domestic arrivals, enabling them process more quickly through customs.

Pre-clearance is currently being run in several Canadian airports, Abu Dhabi and the Bahamas, as well as Shannon and Dublin airports in Ireland.

At a press conference in London this week, a US government official said: “Hopefully because of our close working relationship with the UK government our expansion would be able to go ahead in the next five years if all things go according to plan.”

Authorities also acknowledged the opportunity for other British airports to begin offering the service, saying: “The good news is there are a lot of airports in the UK who are interested [in pre-clearance],” and that the unnamed terminals could be looked at in a “new evaluation process this year”

Meanwhile, the official also addressed recent immigration changes to the Visa Wavier Programme (VWP).

Under the new guidelines travellers are no longer eligible enter the US using the VWP if they have visited Iraq, Syria, Iran, or Sudan on or after March 1, 2011 - with Yemen, Somalia and Libya also being added to that list in February.

Military personnel and government employees can claim exemption.

The VWP permits citizens of 38 countries, including the UK and many European nations, to travel to the United States for business or tourism for up to 90 days without a visa.

“Of course there is a lot of confusion, miscommunication and people get anxious,” added a US official.

“We want to stress that just because you have travelled to these countries does not mean you can’t travel to the US, you just can’t travel on the Visa Wavier Programme and will need an Esta.”

Furthermore, as of last week (April 1) travellers wishing to use the VWP must have an electronic passport and documents pre-dating 2006 will no longer be accepted.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/us-p ... ports-4134
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Re: Manchester and other UK Airports to get US Immigration Pre-Clearance

Post by Pakistan-1 »

How is this related to Pakistan ?
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Pakistan-1 wrote:How is this related to Pakistan ?
Good God.
Have you got nothing better to do than troll me ?
Do PIA not fly Pakistan-JFK via Manchester ? Stop trolling man. I am not some kid or geek. I am a Professional person,ex PIA staff and have loved aviation passionately for over 3 decades. Don't troll me again.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

I'm not trolling but you are the one who has been spamming the forum with all your posts that are non-constructive and are taking up valuable space
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Pakistan-1, you are a troll. Like I have mentioned to you already,I am not some schoolkid or geek. Who are you to say I am spamming / wasting space ? You need to learn manners. Maybe in Hong Kong it's ok to be rude but you are dealing with all sorts of nationalities here.
I have posted PIA related topics that have encouraged debate and increased knowledge. Apart from your A320 in fictional livery,what exactly do you contribute ?
If Abbas feels I am spamming,wasting "valuable" space etc then that's one thing. But who are you ? A jealous child whose posts get little recognition ? I don't expect to see you trolling me again.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

will it require more time for passengers travelling to US from Pakistan via Manchester i.e. completing US immigration procedures before departing for US? Will PIA require more time on ground for US bound flight?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
saadm80
Registered Member

Post by saadm80 »

Abudhabi has Pre-Clearance Facility when it comes to ME3 Airlines, Shannon has as well, PIA Could fly VIA Shannon to JFK & Passengers can get Pre-Clearance done from there instead Disembarking in Manchester, Going through Security again & flying off to JFK. It's not that PIA Hasn't used Shannon as a Station before.
Aviate, Navigate, Communicate