B747-400 Go-Around video by Desi at Princess Julliana

Forum for sharing world aviation videos.
cpt_747
Registered Member

B747-400 Go-Around video by Desi at Princess Julliana

Post by cpt_747 »

Make sure you listen to the videographer..
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Well its understandable why they panicked like that, if i was not in the industry with not knowing about such last second aborts i would have done same too.
On the other hand i am sure it was a mistake of both or either tower or the pilot of Corsair B744 as he/they could see KLM being on final and closing fast and yet he continued to proceeded on to the runway without holding short for his takeoff!!, for sure it could have become Tennarif once again if distance was much closer and KLM didn't aborted at right time!!
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

I agree with you, but it looks like as if the Corsair was taxing on the RWY in first place and did a U-turn on the threash-hold so had no room to hold-short. I'd blame the tower for approaving take-off & landing for both Queens at the same time. I am sure the pilots can't make their own decisions or it becomes an offense.

Here is the airport diagram of TNCM:
http://www.weingut-gottwald.de/tjzs/TNCM_AIRPORT.PNG
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

cpt_747 wrote:I agree with you, but it looks like as if the Corsair was taxing on the RWY in first place and did a U-turn on the threash-hold so had no room to hold-short.
I agree.... at first I thought the Corsair was back-tracking after landing. I've seen a few aborted landings at YYZ over the years...... its interesting how excited the videographer got after seeing the aborted landing. I'm sure a non-Desi wouldn't have been that entertaining!!
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

kamalla wrote: I agree.... at first I thought the Corsair was back-tracking after landing. I've seen a few aborted landings at YYZ over the years...... its interesting how excited the videographer got after seeing the aborted landing. I'm sure a non-Desi wouldn't have been that entertaining!!
Well let not get started with aborts number of aborts at CYYZ, in short, these guys are waiting for accident to happen....
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Here is what being discussed on A.net about this video and incident...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/3440716/