History of PIA - Pakistan International Airlines
Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC + 5 hours

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Karachi to Faisalabad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 am 
Registered Member

Hi guys the knew flight started karachi , rahim yaar khan, faislabad

can you get connecting flight from manchester uk when i book seat?

Post subject: Re: Karachi to fsb
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:05 am 
Registered Member

Why not? If you are flying PK, it should not be a problem.

KHI-LYP (Risalewala airport, Faisalabad) has been operating for over 4 decades now. Only stopovers have changed over the years. HYD, MUX to name a few that were served in the past. MUX is still there perhaps.

Other airlines, you may have to pay published sector fares ! Check with your airline. Usually PIA would charge LYP same as LHE and RWP from overseas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 pm 
Registered Member

i purchased a ticket to faisalabad today and was quite surprised to see the unexpected surge in the fare. one week ago, the fare was different and now its an entirely different number. is there any one who regulates these fares ? i mean theres got to be some one to keep a check on these fares.

7000 RS on an economy class to faisalabad on PIA whereas you could get the same route for 5000 on air blue, some times even less than that. however, airblue only operates every other day. thats where i think one pays the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 pm 
Registered Member

babyjet wrote:
is there any one who regulates these fares ? i mean theres got to be some one to keep a check on these fares.

Generally, Civil Aviation Authority of the country concerned would be the one. Don't be surprised at the authorized maximum airfare, if there is one.

if authorized max fare is published IATA sector fare, you still got a ticket at a bigggggggggggg discount.

IATA Published KHI-LYP oneway economy class sector fare would be something like USD150.00 or more plus taxes.

Market airfares comedown only with competition. And that is why PIA/CAA do not let foreign airlines to operate into northern Pakistan esp around Lahore region.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 pm 
Registered Member

babyjet wrote:
i purchased a ticket to faisalabad today and was quite surprised to see the unexpected surge in the fare. one week ago, the fare was different and now its an entirely different number. is there any one who regulates these fares ? i mean theres got to be some one to keep a check on these fares.

7000 RS on an economy class to faisalabad on PIA whereas you could get the same route for 5000 on air blue, some times even less than that. however, airblue only operates every other day. thats where i think one pays the difference.

O God... Can't really believe it fares are literally touching the sky, my father traveled Economy class (PIA) LYP-KHI-LYP in April and the total fare inclusive of taxes was Rs. 11200/-

But I think the reason for high fares is the summer season…

[ 5 posts ]