Saudi emergency landing at Islamabad

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
VirtualPIA
Registered Member

Saudi emergency landing at Islamabad

Post by VirtualPIA »

Just saw on GEO news, Saudia flight 3728 , 200 pax tire burst on take off, safely landed at Islamabad. No casualties.
The angle of arrival is inversely proportional to the probability of survival.
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Thanks for news.
What was the type of the a/c with reg. ?

A.Aziz
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

AbdulAziz wrote:Thanks for news.
What was the type of the a/c with reg. ?

A.Aziz
It will be a 777 since its the aircraft Saudi Airlines uses for flights to ISB.

Thank God every body is safe and sound.
Adnan
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Sorry, I'm missing out, tyre burst on take-off and landed safely. Do you mean he took-ff and landed back in ISB after a tyre burst ?

Thanks!
Ali Hasan
Registered Member

Post by Ali Hasan »

R.F. wrote:Sorry, I'm missing out, tyre burst on take-off and landed safely. Do you mean he took-ff and landed back in ISB after a tyre burst ?

Thanks!
SV3728 flew JED-DMM-ISB yesterday (Saturday). According to SV's website, the aircraft landed at 21:50. Since the aircraft was coming into ISB, the tyre burst must have happened at DMM during takeoff.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The aircraft was coming to Islamabad from Jeddah as flight SV-3728 with 185 Chinese pilgrims and 9 crew members. Some tyre fragments were found at Jeddah Airport after Saudi aircraft's departure for Islamabad. The crew of the Saudi aircraft was informed and emergency services at Islamabad Airport were put on alert. However, all tyres of the Saudi aircraft were found normal and intact at Islamabad Airport, which means tyre fragments found at Jeddah Airport did not belong to this Saudi jet.

Some more info from Daily Times
Saudi flight makes emergency landing at Islamabad airport

ISLAMABAD:
An emergency was declared at Islamabad international airport on Saturday when a Saudi Airlines aircraft had to make an emergency landing after one of its tyres was reported to have burst. Civil Aviation Authority officials declared the emergency after officials at Jeddah airport discovered pieces of tyre on the tarmac shortly after Saudi Airlines flight SE-3728 set off for Islamabad carrying 185 returning pilgrims and nine crew members. Aircraft parked at the airport were moved and the fire brigade was called in for the emergency landing. However, Mubarak Shah, public relations officer for the CCA, said the tyres were intact and engineering staff had examined the plane after it landed at 9:51pm.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

One newspaper reported the a/c was an A320 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Moin Abbasi
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Moin wrote:One newspaper reported the a/c was an A320 :shock: :shock: :shock:
The reporter could have written A321 because Saudi Airlines recently got some on lease, I doubt it would be an A320 plus do they have any A320 in their fleet these days?

BTW, I am still having the same opinion that the a/c involved would be a 777, anyone to confirm?
Adnan
VirtualPIA
Registered Member

Post by VirtualPIA »

It was a 321....
SV's charter's include 321s, 320s and 300s.
The 300s wear the complete Saudia livery, while the 321 and 320 wear the new saudia tail and titles on a white and grey fuselage.
stylo4444
Registered Member

Post by stylo4444 »

200 passengers on an A320/321?

Highly doubt that people. Unless they have it configured entirely for coach class.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

even with coach class the max. amount on a 321 is like 180ish
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Why on earth would SV send a single aisle twin jet on a Hajj/Umra flight to a high capacity destination like Pakistan? I would have expected the smallest a/c to have been an A300.
Moin Abbasi
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

An A321 can accommodate 199 people in single class layout.

Airbus A321 cabin layout

Source: Airbus
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
VirtualPIA
Registered Member

Post by VirtualPIA »

Moin wrote:Why on earth would SV send a single aisle twin jet on a Hajj/Umra flight to a high capacity destination like Pakistan? I would have expected the smallest a/c to have been an A300.
I'd say because most people are going to LHE/KHI, majority being ferried by PIA, the few remaining by SV........and their flight frequency must be increased, so it does make sense to send 321s there.....especially when the return load is quite low....believe me I've seen 777s operating out of ISB with 16 pax on board.........