Some Good Men

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Some Good Men

Post by SaadSaeed »

KARACHI, Dec 12: PIA Chairman Tariq Kirmani gave away on Tuesday cash prizes of Rs5,000 each to two PIA security guards in recognition of their honesty and sense of responsibility.
According to a spokesman for the airline, security guard Farhat Jawaid found a purse containing valuables worth Rs200,000 and Rs30,000 in cash while performing search of flight PK-390 on September 4.

He immediately handed over the purse to airline authorities who returned it to its owner Ms. Farzana, a member of the National Assembly.
The second recipient of the cash award was security guard Shahid Ali, who was on deputation with Singapore Airlines.
During search on August 9, Shahid Ali found Rs200,000 which he handed over to the Singapore Airline authorities.

Source
http://karachi.metblogs.com/archives/20 ... _men.phtml
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
F27
Registered Member

Re: Some Good Men

Post by F27 »

Saadu wrote:KARACHI, Dec 12: PIA Chairman Tariq Kirmani gave away on Tuesday cash prizes of Rs5,000 each to two PIA security guards in recognition of their honesty and sense of responsibility.
According to a spokesman for the airline, security guard Farhat Jawaid found a purse containing valuables worth Rs200,000 and Rs30,000 in cash while performing search of flight PK-390 on September 4.

He immediately handed over the purse to airline authorities who returned it to its owner Ms. Farzana, a member of the National Assembly.
The second recipient of the cash award was security guard Shahid Ali, who was on deputation with Singapore Airlines.
During search on August 9, Shahid Ali found Rs200,000 which he handed over to the Singapore Airline authorities.

Source
http://karachi.metblogs.com/archives/20 ... _men.phtml
TK found a purse of valuables worth invaluableand has failed to return it to the rightful owners. The people of Pakistan.
F27
Registered Member

Some good men

Post by F27 »

Saadu, Please read this feature from DAWN's internet edition of 18 dec,2006.

Air travellers’ plight - Karachian

A woman, Sadia Syed, flying by a PIA flight (PK-722) form New York to Karachi on December 7, lost 80 tolas of gold. She was on her way to Hyderabad to visit her family.

While lodging an FIR at the airport police station, she told the police that during the flight she had been accompanying her children to the washroom and back and could not say who the culprit could be.

A few years back, noted TV artiste Bushra Ansari lost her cash -- Rs400,000 or thereabouts -- while flying from Lahore to Karachi. Whereas the lady coming from the United States might not have suspected that such things could happen during travel in a world-class airline’s plane, Bushra should have been aware of what people here are capable of doing. And yet she was outwitted. But the TV artiste was smart enough to raise a storm of sorts in the media, drawing the attention of the president to the matter. She reportedly got back her lost money, or at least a part of it.

Although the two women were robbed of their gold and cash midair, much more is happening on the ground to air travellers.

Those leaving for abroad may have a totally unexpected trouble waiting for them at the other end. When a Pakistan journalist landed at Narita airport in Tokyo some years ago, he found that his suitcase had been forced open and his money taken out from it. He was obviously shocked. It did not take him long to guess who could have done it.

“When I entered the airport and had my baggage scanned, the staff insisted that I could not take the suitcase along and would have to let it go through the luggage section. I had a sneaking suspicion that they were up to something, but they quickly dismissed my protests,” the journalist recalls.

The victim made a brief but noisy protest and a Japanese stewardess, an employee of the PIA, ensured him that she would take up the matter with her bosses in Karachi.
SOME GOOD MEN!!!
Lufthansa Cargo
Registered Member

Post by Lufthansa Cargo »

Its nice to see that PIA is rewarding good work. Unfortunately there still are many employees that need to do good deeds. Not only do good deeds but also be honest to the passengers and no lie. When my sister in law was coming from LHE she was advised that certain items that she had as carry on could not be in her pocession in flight. So they issued a claims ticket for JFK and had her place the items in a bag into a box supposedly flying in the belly to JFK. They told her that she will be able to claim the items here.

When she got here and we (she and I) went to the PIA info desk we were told that contents of that box are always destroyed because they were not allowed to be in carry on. She must have been dumb because I was standing there in full Lufthansa staff uniform also displaying my JFK ID. I told her that the purpose of the receipt is so that the items can be carried in the lower deck and that was also exactly what my sister in law was told in LHE. She mentioned MAN. I said why would they Off load the box in
MAN? She said due to brittish laws. Once again I said this is flying in the belly!!

You know what the final answer was? Im sorry our lost and found guy went home sick please come back tommorow.

I came back the next day on which they also had a flight. Im sorry nobody working in Lost and found today comeback next flight.

Came back once again, oh customs destroy them because you fail to claim. Never once did they even look at the receipt.

Let this be a notice to JFK bound passengers, If PIA asks for you to put certain items in a designated box and give a limited release receipt, you are not getting those items back.

hmmf, some good men but, many bad men. For those doing their duty and being honest please keep up the good work

Brgrds
Salem Aziz

GF: A340, B767 AA: AB6 KU: B772 ER, AB6, A320 LH: B744, A343 EK: A345, B772, A332 PK: B74M, B743, B772 MH: A330 E4: DC9 QR: B77W, A332. PA: A320
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

Lufthansa Cargo, i can attest to that. Not only from LHE-JFK but also JFK-LHE items disappear if they are put in that certain box with a black hole at its bottom. Talk about vaporising a DSLR camera. My cousin vowed on the blood of his first born never to fly pia again. Im not sure if its the airline or the ground crew to blame here.

F27 i read that article. I have reservations about the article i posted too. As commented on the forum, this was an MNA who lost the cash. Had it been an ordinary passenger, i doubt the results would be similar.
Such honesty should come by default. The reason we are celebrating it is because it is rare now.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
Lufthansa Cargo
Registered Member

I agree with you Saadu, neither am I. But if I ever have to. My most expensive items will be on me at all times.
Salem Aziz

GF: A340, B767 AA: AB6 KU: B772 ER, AB6, A320 LH: B744, A343 EK: A345, B772, A332 PK: B74M, B743, B772 MH: A330 E4: DC9 QR: B77W, A332. PA: A320
StingRay
Registered Member

Post by StingRay »

I believe honesty is not to be appreciated ala PIA style. It is there or it is not. If somebody acts honestly he is doing his duty towards mankind.
Lufthansa Cargo
Registered Member

true
Salem Aziz