Kirmani on ARY

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
mohammad abdulaziz
Registered Member

Kirmani on ARY

Post by mohammad abdulaziz »

Tariq Kirmani was on ARY last night. Unfortunately, I was able to watch last few minutes of his interview, which seemed latest. Did anybody get an opportunity to watch this interview? If yes, can you kindly update on the gist and salient features of his interview, especially with regard to his plan / time frame to steer PIA from this depressing situation and what help government has committed in this regard during his recent meetings with President/Prime Minister and Secretaries

Many thanks
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Yeah he was saying that most of the current planes PIA has are not fuel efficient and thats why they will leasing newer more fuel efficient planes, i.e. the 738s and A321s and that's how they intend to make money...And that PIA took the onus on itself and grounded its 747 from the EU service and "knowing our people" the interior and ambience of the plane had to be cleaned up and that's they had ordered newer carpets and seat covers, "you know it takes 8-10 months wait time after the order before you get these items".....so "you have to plaan"...and have to be "world class", like my office, "when you walk in here you know where you are"

Also, with the acquisition of ATRs, which BTW, he decided upon within weeks of assuming his position, would decrease the average fleet age to 11 years from 20 odd...
FMC
Deactivated

Post by FMC »

I happen to know an aircraft engineer from PIA now on contract with Eitehad. According to him the present board of PIA Engineering has time and again stated that they are uncomfortable with the Rolls Royce power plants on the B 747-300. If I may be allowed to add my comments here is that in view of the recent salary escalation of PIA's Engineering personnel it is time that they start feeling comfortable with their owned fleet.
tariq-bhx
Registered Member

Post by tariq-bhx »

Image is obviously more important to this WASTE OF SPACE than actual content !

It did not help help with the interviewer (PJ Mir) couldn't wait to lick his feet !

FREE TICKETS maybe !

What a PR STUNT !

Oh ! by the way Mr Kirmani LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flying, Flying and Flying some more !
bravo45
Registered Member

Post by bravo45 »

FMC wrote:I happen to know an aircraft engineer from PIA now on contract with Eitehad. According to him the present board of PIA Engineering has time and again stated that they are uncomfortable with the Rolls Royce power plants on the B 747-300. If I may be allowed to add my comments here is that in view of the recent salary escalation of PIA's Engineering personnel it is time that they start feeling comfortable with their owned fleet.
This goes back the the original PIA leasing of the 743s from Cathay with Rolls Royce engines. A deal that I in my late teens could see somthing wrong with (hear me out).... I could never have thought on top this PIA would end up buying them and more. That considering the fact that a cheaper better deal on 744s was overlooked in favour of this (can't remember the exact details right now). Keep in mind that PIA had complete maintenence plants for P&W and GE yet the management of Shahid Khakan Abbasi thought it was a great idea. On top of that I learned of the concerns with those engines for the first time from a Captain (won't disclose the name), he was very critical of those powerplants, around the year 2000. Go figure...
FMC
Deactivated

Post by FMC »

The 744s were also equipped with Rolls Royce Engines. The bottom line is this that RB-211 is a far sophisticated engine which PIA's Engineering have failed to maintain and the Flight Crew not vigilant enough to operate.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

The three 744's PIA were to get form Boeing were built for Philippine Airlines and did not have RR engines, otehr than that they planned to lease 744's from Malaysia Airlines again no RR engines.