Cigars Above

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
HSK
Registered Member

Cigars Above

Post by HSK »

I needed the catchy title to get your attention. My real question is this : I'll be bringing a large quantity of cuban cigars to pakistan. They're EXTREMELY expensive. Would I be able to take them into the cabin without any problem? I obviously wont be smoking them.

I hope there's no embargo on Cuban goods or I'll be out of luck.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

They are allowed but according to CBR they have to carry a warning saying Smoking is injurious to health or 'Tambaku Noshi Sehet Kay Liyay Muzir Hai'
Source: http://www.cbr.gov.pk/tpef/customs/Broc ... re-014.pdf
Page 16

Dont ask me why i know this. I just do :shock: I suggest you print it out and use it to slap at anyone's wrist if they try to get 'their share' of cubans at customs.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

hskhan wrote:
I hope there's no embargo on Cuban goods or I'll be out of luck.
Pakistan has excellent relations with Cuba. During the aftermath of Oct 2005 earthquake. Cuba sent a heavy contingent of medical technicians to Pakistan. They were extremly dedicated people and won the hearts of the victims as well as the authorities. Pakistan gave them a very warm send-off when they returned to Cuba.
HSK
Registered Member

Post by HSK »

Saadu thank you very much. Are you a cigar aficionado?

I never knew about that rule, if they were to demand a label I'd be out of luck at customs. Thanks for pointing that out. You saved a lot of cao extremes from being confiscated. I'll just slap one sticker with a health warning on them for the entire case. Should that be alright?

Even today, I cant take any cuban cigars onboard an American flight. Back in the day when PIA wasnt direct from Toronto, I remember PIA selling cuban cigars after take off from JFK. Im not sure if they still sell cuban cigars, but they're definately not allowed to. :lol:

I just googled Cuba + Pakistan and saw Cuba sent over 300 doctors in the aftermath. That is heavy. God bless them.
FMC
Deactivated

Post by FMC »

It seems that PIA is out of the woods for now. Let's talk cigars . Any one fancy Romeo and Juliet?
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

FMC wrote:It seems that PIA is out of the woods for now. Let's talk cigars . Any one fancy Romeo and Juliet?
Ok. You be Juliet...
FMC
Deactivated

Post by FMC »

Nasir wrote:Ok. You be Juliet...
Does Romeo and Juliet cigars and Dubai Duty Free ring any bells?