Any Update New Airlines of Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abdullah Saleem
Registered Member

Any Update New Airlines of Pakistan

Post by Abdullah Saleem »

Any update of Pakistan New Airlines :

Pearl Air
Safe Air
Air Mashriq

When they start operation?
"GOD KIND TO THOSE WHO KIND TO OTHERS"

Cricpak (Administrator)
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Never. They always manage to fail to come through. There have been many over the years I remember that Global Spirit Airlines. What rubbish, none of them will ever fly. Quite unfortunate, because it would be nice to have more choice. But airblue seems to be the most promising airline in PAK right now.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Pakistan still need stwo kind sof cariers one a no frills LCC like Easyjet and a secodn flag carrier like ANA, ASiana etc. who will rival PIA, I think Air Blue management should create another brand airline to rival PIA and the ED brand should go no frill LCC themsleves.
Jacobin777
Registered Member

Post by Jacobin777 »

CoyBoy wrote:Pakistan still need stwo kind sof cariers one a no frills LCC like Easyjet and a secodn flag carrier like ANA, ASiana etc. who will rival PIA, I think Air Blue management should create another brand airline to rival PIA and the ED brand should go no frill LCC themsleves.
There are enough LCC's and other carriers in Pakistan....not to mention the potetial of other LCC's coming to Pakistan (such as Air Arabia, Jazeera Airways, etc.)
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I dont understand what you said, are you saying there is no room for another real LCC of the no frills variety to be setup in Pakistan and for another airline to rival PIA?
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

I really dont get the concept of a LCC in pakistan. Every single one of them serves meals or snacks. Thats one main thing a LCC doesnt do you know..
taz95
Registered Member

Re: Any Update New Airlines of Pakistan

Post by taz95 »

Abdullah Saleem wrote:Any update of Pakistan New Airlines :

Pearl Air
Safe Air
Air Mashriq

Heard of Pearl and Safe Air but who are Air Mashriq. Anyone knows any details on them please??
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

AirBlue wrote:I really dont get the concept of a LCC in pakistan. Every single one of them serves meals or snacks. Thats one main thing a LCC doesnt do you know..
good point.... Don't forget Pakistanis are status conscious meaning they expect a First, Business Classes and not just one class of service like coach. Tt would be hard market an LCC with no food served inside at all.
Adnan Anwar
Abdullah Saleem
Registered Member

taz95 wrote:
Abdullah Saleem wrote:Any update of Pakistan New Airlines :

Pearl Air
Safe Air
Air Mashriq

Heard of Pearl and Safe Air but who are Air Mashriq. Anyone knows any details on them please??
This is London based Airline but owned by pakistanis.

Website Air Mashriq

Information Air Mashriq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cricpak (Administrator)
taz95
Registered Member

Post by taz95 »

This is London based Airline but owned by pakistanis.

Website Air Mashriq

Information Air Mashriq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/quote]

Thanks for the info. But surprisingly I am from UK and have never heard of this airline at all. No media publicity or anything about them. I checked the CAA website they have not applied for their AOC also.
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

Adnan Anwar wrote:
AirBlue wrote:I really dont get the concept of a LCC in pakistan. Every single one of them serves meals or snacks. Thats one main thing a LCC doesnt do you know..
good point.... Don't forget Pakistanis are status conscious meaning they expect a First, Business Classes and not just one class of service like coach. Tt would be hard market an LCC with no food served inside at all.
They are also cost conscious. That they expect business class catering and first class baggage allowance with LCC type fares is another matter.

I remember flying Lahore-Karachi and a passenger (economy class) complaining (and the crew accepting his request) that he wished to be served a European meal and not a Pakistani one. Then on the other hand I flew BA (London-Manchester) and American (Chicago-tulsa) and being given a packet of peanuts with no complaint from anyone in sight.
Abdullah Saleem
Registered Member

Some info from Pearl Air Web:

Flight schedules:
Pearl Air will operate on the domestic route initially on, Karachi, Islamabad,Lahore & Peshawar and with the flights as under:

Karachi-Lahore 4 flights per/day
Lahore-Karachi 4 flights per/day
Karachi-Islamabad 4 flights per/day
Islamabad-Karachi 4 flights per/day
Karachi-Peshawar 2 flights per/day
Peshawar-Karachi 2 flights per/day

* Flight timings will be incorporated in the schedule soon.

Pearl Air has established its own training campus.
Pearl Air Training Centre - 27/11/2006

Pearl Air has established its own training campus wherein it offers airline professional courses in keeping with the international standards of aviation industry. Primarily catering to its own skilled human resource requirements, Pearl Air training centre is also providing a centre of excellence in aviation specialities to those who might want to make Airline as their career, with a nominal fee to develop skills.

Info from Wikipedia:

History

A Boeing 737-200Adv was delivered to the airline in January 2004. However due to licencing and acquiring rights to start passenger transportation the airline never took off. On December 24, 2005 the airline was granted rights to fly in Pakistan by the CAA of Pakistan. The airline is now scheduled to start passenger operations during 2006.
The airline is now scheduled to start passenger operations during 2006.
This is the last month of 2006.I think they start from 2007.

Cricpak (Administrator)
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I've seen some of the ads given by I think Pearl Air in the newspapers regarding pilot's recruitment and catering service, but still we haven't heard of their final announcement reagrding their flight operations.

Hope to see them flying soon but not with those oldddd 732s :evil:
Adnan