New Airblue order for 2 A320 Added on Airbus.com

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

New Airblue order for 2 A320 Added on Airbus.com

Post by flyingsystem »

It is then no longer a rumour but a fact: Airblue has ordered two A320s directly from Airbus. You can check here:
http://www.airbus.com/en/corporate/orde ... eliveries/#

Does anybody knows the delivery date?
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

Read at atwonline.com today that Airblue is in negotiations with Airbus to add 4 more planes to the order already confirmed.
PK777
Registered Member

Official: Pakistan's Airblue expands fleet with Airbus A320

Post by PK777 »

Pakistan’s Airblue expands fleet with Airbus A320

13 November 2006

Airblue, Pakistan's fastest-growing airline has signed a firm contract for two Airbus A320 aircraft and is currently in negotiations for four more. The Aircraft will be dual configured with 157 seats in a dual class.

Airblue currently operates six A320 family aircraft and has already carried over a million passengers since operations began two and a half years ago. Airblue hopes to expand routes to international destinations and offer long haul services to the UK in the near future.

The A320 is a member of the most modern and advanced single aisle aircraft family which features fly by wire technology. All new aircraft are fitted with advanced systems to help reduce maintenance and spares costs.

Louis Gallois, Airbus President and CEO and Co-CEO of EADS said, "The purchase decision by Airblue reflects the technological superiority of the A320, also providing a larger and more comfortable cabin and more onboard baggage space per passenger as well as being about eight per cent cheaper to operate than the competition," he said.

The A320 is the world’s most popular single aisle aircraft. In 2005, it outsold the competition by almost two to one wining 65% of worldwide orders in this sector. Regionally, the A320 is operated by around 75 per cent of the regions airlines.

The A320 has the widest single aisle fuselage on the market, and was designed to optimize revenue through cabin flexibility and passenger comfort. Typically the A320 can seat 150 passengers in two classes or up to 180 in single class operation. The aircraft has a range of up to 5,700 km/3,000 nm.

All members of the A320 Family share the same Type Rating. This allows pilots to fly all of them and a single team of mechanics to maintain the fleet, keeping maintenance and training costs down. This helps make the A320 cheaper to operate than the competition.

Uniquely, the A320 Family offers a containerised cargo system which is compatible with the world wide standard wide-body system.

Airbus is an EADS company.

Source: Airbus Press Releases, 2006
Abdullah Saleem
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah Saleem »

Airblue of Pakistan ordered two Airbus A320s in October, and is in talks to order four A330 or A350 aircraft from the manufacturer.

Source : Airblue Orders Airbus

Airblue also order for A330 and A350.Correct me if i am wrong.
"GOD KIND TO THOSE WHO KIND TO OTHERS"

Cricpak (Administrator)
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Abdullah Saleem wrote:
Airblue of Pakistan ordered two Airbus A320s in October, and is in talks to order four A330 or A350 aircraft from the manufacturer.
They are in talks, this doesnt mean that they already ordered them.
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

Well the two are on order thats for sure.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

The A330s wont be out in the market that easy until the A380 is in operation. And by that time, the time for A350 to have its first flight will arrive. Thats when the airline makes the choice to whether get the A330 or the A350.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone on the forum had heard about a look for an A340 for the ED fleet.

Thanks
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

AirBlue wrote:Also, I wanted to know if anyone on the forum had heard about a look for an A340 for the ED fleet.
Thanks
Nope, never heard about it. You probably know much more about this than us! Your father is working for Airblue, isnt he?
Abdullah Saleem
Registered Member

Post by Abdullah Saleem »

flyingsystem wrote:
Abdullah Saleem wrote:
They are in talks, this doesnt mean that they already ordered them.
I think these are not A350.These are A330.
"GOD KIND TO THOSE WHO KIND TO OTHERS"

Cricpak (Administrator)
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Yes he is and also that the A350s are an option only IF the A330s are delayed alot
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

AirBlue wrote:Yes he is and also that the A350s are an option only IF the A330s are delayed alot
Nice, thanks for the info. And yea Im nearly sure that the 1st A350 will not be delivered before 2013!
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

On a local news channel, a short documentary covering Air Blue was shown.

During the show, the CEO of Air Blue was interviewed, where he mentioned that six A320s have been ordered from Airbus directly.

While an order for three A330-200s will be finalized by January 2007, in a total deal worth 630 million dollars for the nine planes.

I guess we might see Air Blue at London by end of 2007.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Amaad Lone wrote:On a local news channel, a short documentary covering Air Blue was shown.

During the show, the CEO of Air Blue was interviewed, where he mentioned that six A320s have been ordered from Airbus directly.

While an order for three A330-200s will be finalized by January 2007, in a total deal worth 630 million dollars for the nine planes.

I guess we might see Air Blue at London by end of 2007.
Yeah very interesting indeed! And I predict that this airline will have a lot of success!
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Can u provide us with a source Amaad?
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

AirBlue wrote:The A330s wont be out in the market that easy until the A380 is in operation. And by that time, the time for A350 to have its first flight will arrive. Thats when the airline makes the choice to whether get the A330 or the A350.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone on the forum had heard about a look for an A340 for the ED fleet.

Thanks
airblue,

A330s are, as you know, extremely difficult to find on the second-hand market.

What most people don't realize is that the A330 and A340 are producted on the same line. Right now, the A330 is selling very well and so Airbus doesn't have any incentive to sell A340s as that would take away production slots from the A330, which is a very lucrative product. As a result they are not offering any kind of deep discount on this product.

This "shortage" of new A340s is also having an effect on the second hand market, because large A340 operators such as Lufthansa and South African Airways want to increase their A343 fleets, but cannot get Airbus to sell them for reasons mentioned above.

Airbus will not build another line to manufacture the A330/340, because they will start producing the A350XWB from ~ 2010-12.