Refurbishment of PIA first 747 aircraft has been completed

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
mohammad abdulaziz
Registered Member

Refurbishment of PIA first 747 aircraft has been completed

Post by mohammad abdulaziz »

KARACHI (November 04 2006): The PIA has started complete refurbishment of its 747 aircraft and first aircraft, which was inducted in September 2006, has now been completed. During refurbishment the entire cabin has been renovated with new seat covers and carpet.
KSKJADOON
Registered Member

Post by KSKJADOON »

Any news which 747 this is ?
KHURRAM JADOON - LONDON (UK)
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

BGG

The Chairman inspected it yesterday. It looks good, but according to the new GM Flight safety, it is still not snag free.
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

I think its named "Kaghan", if I am not mistaken
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

GEO TV showed a glimpse of it last night on aaj Kamran Khan ke saath. It's got Frontier province tail and is named Kaghan, I didn't catch the registration. Kamran Khan also spoke to Tariq Kirmani about the latest EU ban.

According to TK, the EU ban is based purely on cosmetic issues. This contradicts other reports which have been posted on this forum which state problems with wiring etc.
FULLTHRUST
Registered Member

Post by FULLTHRUST »

According to TK, the EU ban is based purely on cosmetic issues. This contradicts other reports which have been posted on this forum which state problems with wiring etc.
Kaun apni patloon utarwaiy ga dunya kay samnay?
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

Will BAK be refubrished or scrapped?? :roll: i really don't want it to leave....
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
mohammad abdulaziz
Registered Member

Did TK disclose as to how many days these cosmetic changes will require and when the aircrafts in-question will resume EU operations????
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Seen it yesterday live, parked in a remote corner, the new tail has made such a difference.
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

I dont think its only cosmetic's the reason for the ban. EU last year introdcuced a policy of banning poorly maintained aircraft into EU airspace. I dont recall the site but you can see a list of airlines which are banned from EU. It would be really nice to know the truth.........
Look on the bright side either way the travelling pax gains whether its cosmetic or maintance :wink:
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

would like to see photos of this aircraft? i missed it on GEO. but my dad seen it and heard that PIA are either getting the A380 or B747-8? did anyone else hear this? he cant remember which aircarft but thinks its either these two?
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

A380
:shock:
yaar gas chor rahay ho ya waqai mei suna hai?
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

Did TK disclose as to how many days these cosmetic changes will require and when the aircrafts in-question will resume EU operations????
He didn't say how long it would take to refurbish all planes concerned except that one plane was ready and would be flying within the next few days and the others would be ready soon.
but my dad seen it and heard that PIA are either getting the A380 or B747-8?
There was no mention of 747-8 or A380. I think he mentioned the 777-300s which will be delivered next year.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

yeh i thought so it would be the 777-300ER. but for future PIA need to get the 747-8 to remain competitive.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
mohammad abdulaziz
Registered Member

KARACHI: The Pakistan International Airlines has started complete refurbishment of its 747 aircraft. The refurbishment of first aircraft, which was inducted in September 2006, has now been completed. During the refurbishment, entire cabin was renovated with new seat covers and carpet. The exterior appearance of the aircraft was also reworked with new tail and livery. This aircraft was inspected by the Chairman and CEO PIA, Tariq Kirmani, along with a team of senior management.

The chairman appreciated the engineers and technicians for their hard work and devotion. This aircraft will be ready for operation to all destinations including the EU next week. This renovation and improved appearance will remove the causes of objections raised by certain European countries during the SAFA inspection. The PIA had to redeploy B-777 and A-310 to European routes for providing time to 747 for refurbishment, and to meet necessary capacity requirements.

After the refurbishment, the PIA plans to deploy Boeing 747 on European routes again in order to maintain the capacity and frequency. The national flag carrier holds IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit), EASA (European Air Safety Audit) and JAR 145 certifications. These certifications are for maintaining standard airworthiness of the aircraft.