The Exact Situation Please???

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

The Exact Situation Please???

Post by Amaad Lone »

Could somebody (PIA insider) please post the exact situation.

Which and how many aircraft are banned from EU airports???

Will these planes be allowed back after major repairs????

Which and how many aircraft might get banned if position not rectified???

Four 747s being banned from EU still leaves behind four 747s for Heathrow and Manchaster, as the banned equipment can be deployed to Jeddah, Riaydh and domestic flights??

The fact that PIA flying A310s into London makes me belive otherwise.

Would be nice to know what is really going on, and not interested in who is to blame.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

Four 747s being banned from EU still leaves behind four 747s for Heathrow and Manchaster
......sources in the airline told Dawn on Tuesday that the restrictions were being clamped from Nov 1, and none of the 747s being operated by the airline would be flying to any destination in Europe until the problem was resolved.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

So I guess everyone here on History Of PIA forum is an innocent bystander.

No one know what is going on???

What about pilot members like AN, anything.

No one knows what is really going on, and I guess we will continue with our guess work.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Today a 777 was held in LHR after a Ramp check. The cabin crew was found to be not well versed with the systems. The problem is not cosmetic, its an entire system breakdown. Over time the decay has turned PIA into a scheduling based airline with litle emphasis on training and system development.

All 747s that were earlier deployed on the UK routes were put on the banned list, the other 747s are in similar shape and PIA can not risk flying them there untilll all snags are removed. 747 pilots are sitting at home while an intensive revamping operation is being done.

Word from the new DFO is that for the December rush the 747 is being planned to JFK via Istanbul.
Last edited by cheetah on Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

1 MAS 777 is on the way for a 2 month lease. PIA is to utilize it for 280 hours a month. 2 sets of MAS crew is part of the deal. 5 sets of PIA ISB based crew will be dedicated to the aircraft as only they will recieve permission to operate RR engines.
Max
Registered Member

Post by Max »

With this situation, the number of verbal assaults and even fist fights will be much higher at JFK this winter. Bravo!

How many people will be fired because of this screw up? :roll:
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

cheetah wrote:Today a 777 was held in LHR after a Ramp check. The cabin crew was found to be not well versed with the systems. The problem is not cosmetic, its an entire system breakdown.
It is very simple that EU is screwing up PIA & targeting the weak points of PIA.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

cheetah wrote:1 MAS 777 is on the way for a 2 month lease. PIA is to utilize it for 280 hours a month. 2 sets of MAS crew is part of the deal. 5 sets of PIA ISB based crew will be dedicated to the aircraft as only they will recieve permission to operate RR engines.
Thank you cheetah for sharing info.

Does anyone know the registration of B777 leased from MAS?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

What stinks PIA management is totally quite , government is quite and the Pilots are quite.

Why things came to this point???? EU nmust have done random checks before and what happened then and now everything just exploded right on the face.

So Aroosh , any pilots can you enlightens what all of a sudden happened???
Adnan Anwar
AN
Registered Member

Post by AN »

Adnan,
my friend
do you honestly believe that in an organization so thoroughly controlled by the government, pilots have any say whatsoever?

Take pilot recruitment in PIA for the last few years, as an example. They have change policy so as to hire pilots ONLY on contract. Wheras internationaly this is the norm, and is preffered, as contract employees earn more, in PIA, the earnings are equivilant, but benefits are far INFERIOR.
The primary reason for hiring pilots on contract was to retain the ability to dismiss them immediatly if required.
Permament employees cannot be dismissed immediatly, and this is one of the reasons that has led to the overstaffing, uncaring attitude of PIA's employees.

Pilots remain the only employees within PIA, of officer or higher rank, to be employeed on contract. Even engineers are hired permanently, and continue to be.
My question to you Adnan, is this. Do you honestly believe, that it is the pilots who are OVERSTAFFED? (rememeber they are shutting down LR flights due to non avail of pilots)????? Do you honestly think it is the PILOTS who have brought PIA to its current situation?

So as far as why dont the pilots do anything question of yours, its really as simple as this. They will be removed instantly (as that can be done now), and therefore have no say whatsoever in management etc of the airline.

Now my question to you is, do you honestly believe, that the pilots are PIA's problem?
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Aroosh:

Where in my original post did I blame the PIA pilots?

All I am asking is, how all this exploded all of a sudden, were there any prior warning to PIA that the goverment just covered up.

Only reason I mentioned the pilots was to ask if the government is not telling anything, can the pilots speak up.
Adnan Anwar
lamborgini9
Registered Member

Post by lamborgini9 »

As far as i am sure that 2 of PIA boeings went one to CHINA and one to HONG KONG for interior decoration!
FAHAD AZIZ

Cheif Pilot Planning and Scheduling (CPPS)
Virtual Pakistan International Airlines
" The Wings of Pakistan "
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

lamborgini9 wrote:As far as i am sure that 2 of PIA boeings went one to CHINA and one to HONG KONG for interior decoration!
Is AP-BGG one of them or was it refurbished here in Pakistan?
Adnan