All european destinations should be suspended except..

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

All european destinations should be suspended except..

Post by smarties »

I think all European destinations with the exception of the UK, Denmark and Norway and possibly France should be suspended. They need to concentrate where demand is.

Most Europeans who fly PIA come to The UK to catch their PK flight anyway. They need to increase flights into London. The current 10 flights a week agreement needs to be revised.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

[-X
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Not very smart this time smarties.

PIA needs to put its maintaince in order, and not cut back on the few measily flights it already has.

The main issue is keep its fleet airworthy, and expanding its route network, thats what good airlines do.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Well, i really think it is pointless sending one flight a week to places like Athens, Amsterdam, Rome, and Milan, and that also on an A310. Most of the year they arn't even full. Many passengers in these countries take rival Gulf carriers to Pakistan who provide multiple daily flights to the homeland. Their is so much choice out there at the moment.

PIA need to concentrate on where there is stong demand. I don't see the point of sending one flight a week and these destinations are non-profitable. Maybe they can do seasonal flights to some of these destination during peak times, like some airlines do.

PIA should concentrate on where the supply is needed, and that supply is needed in the UK. They also need to make a 2 hub strategy, and concentrate on that. The third (e.g ISB)city should provide excellent connections with though checks of luggage and easy transit at KHI.
Last edited by smarties on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

Yes I agree with Amaad Lone

Pia needs to keep its fleet airworthy and grow....
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
CombiFan
Registered Member

Post by CombiFan »

"Most Europeans who fly PIA come to the UK, and catch their PIA flight anyway".......this is a load of rubbish, and speaks volumes about your ignorance. Most Europeans prefer to fly out of their home stations direct to Pakistan, they have limited vacations and even more limited school holidays and they want to spend every hour of it back home.
CombiFan
Registered Member

Post by CombiFan »

Oh so now its "Many people take gulf carriers....", I have the stats to prove you wrong, PIA has over 50 percent of market share out of FRA,ROM,MIL,ATH and AMS. In addition all stations generate 6th freedom traffic too. Cost to Revenue ratio of all these stations is extremely favorable, so it would not make any sense to shut down these revenue streams.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

what with one flight a week?

People look at frequencies when they travel.....those destinations don't provide that...

Those European destinations i have mentioned would generate more revenue by sending cargo flights, instead of pax flights.

PIA can't keep expanding, its not Emirates or Qatar Airways and which have endless supply of cash pumped in. They need to concentrate on quality first.
Last edited by smarties on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

I must disagree. If PK withdraws from it's 1x weekly cities, it pretty much withdraws from serving these cities anytime in the future. Mashallah PIA seems to be doing quite well now, and slowly but surely it will be able to increase capacity to these routes.

Moreover, the frequencies don't really seem to cause too many pax to turn away. An example is from Toronto. I know so many people that change their schedule just to fly PIA which goes 2 or 3 x weekly.
**Fly Emirates**

smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

2/3 times a week is fine. Also YYZ there isn't that much competition. PIA have a huge advange of serving non-stop.

But they either need to increase freqs to those destinations or suspend them. and they need to have a good route structure and not go in the opposite direction then go eastwards to Pakistan.
CombiFan
Registered Member

Post by CombiFan »

Smartie, none of the stations in Europe are served with one frequency a week, who told you that?