Pakistan disagrees with 65 years as pilot's retirement age

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Pakistan disagrees with 65 years as pilot's retirement age

Post by Abbas Ali »

Next month, the International Civil Aviation Organization is set to adopt a new worldwide standard of age 65 for commercial airline pilot retirement.

The organization believes member countries should increase the age limit, as long as the second pilot in the crew is below 60 and all pilots over 60 undergo a medical assessment every six months.

The U.S. is one of four countries that disagrees with the organization's change. The others are France, Pakistan and Colombia.
Complete News Link: Is 60 too old to be a pilot?

On the Net:
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
Pakistan Air Line Pilots' Association (PALPA)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I once read in an article that pilots have a lower average age compared to others, by around 5 years.

While an average American lives for 72 years, a retired commercial pilots are averaging 67.

Its because of the constant tense work pressures, leading to a weaker heart, resulting in earlier deaths.

I am sure this can be verifed somewhere.

The retirement age went up from 55 to 60 in the last ten years, so I would say 62 is fair for now.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

LOL... thats the opposite of my dad... :lol: My did looks more fit in his 50s. rite now my dad is in his mid 50s and when he shaves, he looks like a early 40 year old. My doctor says that my dad is really fit for his age, most people are not like that. My dad, at this age is very cautious of wat he eats and if its healthy. Morning walks for about 5-8 km is a must for my dad and mostly he'd do it in the evening too.... Since my dad is a government pilot, he always goes for a routine check-up every week...... even when its not nessecary, he still goes. Most pilots do their job for, well to earn money basically, but they don't really have fun with it later on in their life. Being a pilot requires joy all the way!! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
trikko
Registered Member

Post by trikko »

Well i think in PIA to overcome the shortage of pilots they need to increase the age limits otherwise they will not have pilots to fly for them.