Thursday Flights to/from NYC-JFK

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
FKhan722
Registered Member

Thursday Flights to/from NYC-JFK

Post by FKhan722 »

Salaam all,

I have just booked a trip as follows, JFK-ISB, ISB-KHI, KHI-ISB, ISB-JFK (in Economy Plus) that will take place over the span of one month. My wife and kid plan to leave a couple of weeks ahead of me, and i have them booked for a Thursday flight out of JFK to ISB (PK-724). I myself am scheduled to leave on a Sunday (PK-718). I have been tracking the thursday flights over the past couple of weeks and my concern is that i have seen on numerous occasions that Thursday flights are often cancelled. I had to book it for a Thursday due to time limitations otherwise my preference for my family would have also been on a Sunday flight (PK-718). Our return is together which is also on a Thursday (PK-723).

A few concerns:

#1)why are 723/724 frequently cancelled?
#2)on what flights do they reschedule ISB passengers for?? I would hate to have to send my family via Lahore or Karachi, solely because of my kid, my initial selection of PIA was because of the one stop, no change of aircraft theory,
#3)and finally if they do cancel the flight, do PIA offer any compensation??

On a side note, the aircraft i will fly are 777LR/777ER/747-300/A310, be ready for trip reports and pictures galore from all flights. :D

Thank you in advance for any responses.
F.Khan