Question about PIA 777 Economy Plus

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Question about PIA 777 Economy Plus

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Hey Salaam guys,

I am flying from ORD-KHI (Economy class) on nov 25th Inshallah and coming back from KHI-ORD on Jan 6th Inshallah.

After a month of being on the wait-list for the return flight, I was able to get my my seat confirmed (i have lots of connections in the airline :lol: )

But my return was only confirmed in the Economy Plus class and I am only paying $80 more.

Has anyone traveled in the Eco+ class on the 777?

Does anyone know the differences in space/ meals/ in flight entertainment?

Any and all information would be helpful!!

Thanks!!
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Pakistan-ORD-Pakistan route is operated by 777ER. Economy plus in ERs is waste of money because the seat pitch is exactly the same as regular economy class. I have travelled in 777LR economy plus, it has separate economy plus section and 35 inches of seat pitch which is very comfortable and in my opinion worth the extra premium.
HSK
Registered Member

Post by HSK »

Is the Economy Plus between Toronto and Karachi any good? I'm hoping, and praying it's the 777LR. Can anyone help me out?

I've reluctantly got seats in December.
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

Im pretty sure that the YYZ-PAK route is mostly flown by 772LR...i have eco+ seats on the ER which i've heard is a waste of money :cry: is there a difference in the food quantity or choices in eco+???
HSK
Registered Member

Post by HSK »

Really? My itinerary shows the ER. They either have to change the ER's economy plus or not offer it at all. To pay a premium and get nothing is ridiculous.

Does anyone know what routes does the LR fly?
lamborgini9
Registered Member

Post by lamborgini9 »

Well you r coming by PK 796 so plane is 777ER AP-BGK
FAHAD AZIZ

Cheif Pilot Planning and Scheduling (CPPS)
Virtual Pakistan International Airlines
" The Wings of Pakistan "
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

My wife and kid flew out from JFK to ISB in Economy Plus last Sunday on PK-718. Aircraft was a Boeing 777-240ER, AP-BGL. Flight was initially rescheduled by PK from a 6pm departure to an 8:30pm departure. Flight was then delayed and did not leave until 11:52pm. According to my wife Economy plus was a joke. There was only a curtain between Economy and economy plus. People from Economy were walking into and out of the so called "economy plus" cabin freely at their will (without any opposition from the economy plus cabin crew) to utilize the bathrooms. One of the bathrooms was labeled as non-functioning en route to MAN and closed by the crew. No difference in the food amount or presentation, as in comparison to economy, just an extra drink prior to departure whilst on the ground at Kennedy. Kids were running in and out of the PLUS cabin whilst parents were fast asleep in the economy cabin, again no resistance from the cabin crew. Inflight entertainment broke down a couple of times and had to be "reset". After hearing all of this i'm sort of apprehensive about Economy plus when i fly in January, maybe i'll just cough out the extra money and pay for buisness plus on the way there, and be stuck with economy plus on the way back. Scary stuff :shock:
Hasson2k2
Registered Member

Post by Hasson2k2 »

crap too bad i paid an extra $80 to fly eco+ on the way back from KHI-MAN-ORD....

this past January, my friend and i were flying from KHI-LHE-MAN-ORD and she was in eco+ and her IFE was broken and she could not watch any movies for the entire trip....and she paid an extra $125 for the eco+ on the way back....i hope my IFE isn't broken or else i will raise hell...well not really cuz even if i do PIA cabin crew wont give a shit lol
HSK
Registered Member

Post by HSK »

Who then gets the 777LRs?! They should of got rid of this scam long ago. I wonder what PIA says the highlights of economy plus on a 777 really are.