Is PIA selling the two LR's ?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SENIOR
Registered Member

Is PIA selling the two LR's ?

Post by SENIOR »

Rumour's are spreading about PIA selling AP-BGY and AP-BGZ to SQ :(
Are there any forum members who have any info on this subject ?
What will be the impact on the YYZ route if this happens ?
Can 777-ER do the route or will they end up back via MAN ?
"open your eyes and you shall see"
- quote from prof bunsen
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Yes I heard the same kind of rumours on this Forum that PIA is swapping its 2 LRs for 2/3 773ER (not sure about 2 or 3). Most of the members opposed it and still there is no final news or decision we have seen.

By the way, where did you get this information from?
Adnan
SENIOR
Registered Member

Post by SENIOR »

In our traffic office at MAN airport
"open your eyes and you shall see"
- quote from prof bunsen
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

More lies:

PIA is NOT selling its -200LR's.

Secondly, SQ hasnt even taken delivery of its 777-300ERs, and has stated as recently as 2 days ago that it was not going to buy the -200LR now that it had firmed up its order for 20 787-9 aircraft.

I wish these lies/rumours were not started :roll:
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

BOEING777 wrote:More lies:

PIA is NOT selling its -200LR's.

Secondly, SQ hasnt even taken delivery of its 777-300ERs, and has stated as recently as 2 days ago that it was not going to buy the -200LR now that it had firmed up its order for 20 787-9 aircraft.

I wish these lies/rumours were not started :roll:
Yaar, be a little more cool! Its just rumours and you dont have to say its lies! The rumour is not a lie, but a rumour! :roll:
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

Either way, its not the *truth*, is it?

So calling it lies is acceptable. :)
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

BOEING777 wrote:More lies:
&
BOEING777 wrote:So calling it lies is acceptable. :)
Such remarks/comments for a member’s post are not acceptable. SENIOR has clearly stated at the start of his post that it’s a rumour, and it’s ok to seek forum members’ opinion about a rumour. Calling it lies is totally wrong.

I have always found posts by SENIOR useful and informative for members of our forums.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

Bro Abbas, I am not judging Seniors comments.

He states that he heard it elsewhere at MAN. I am merely stating that the source is not telling the truth.

Rumours are just that- I have not, nor do I intend to pass any remark about any member here.

Until there is an official press release, I am within my rights to question the source of such rumours- partly because they are untrue. Thats the whole point of a discussion forum- to find out fact from fiction :)

W-Salaam.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

If PIA does not need the LRs anymore, then selling them back to Boeing in exchange for 300ERs would be a great idea.

The 300ER has more seating and the cost is the same as the much smaller 200LR.

The flights to Toronto can also go via Shannon, and return to Pakistan non-stop, using the ER fleet.

But swapping the 200LRs for simple 777-300s would be foolish, specially introducing a new engine type in the PIA fleet.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

Sell or swap for 747 - 400 , PIA will be better off ! I would say !!
BOEING777
Registered Member

Post by BOEING777 »

747-400's are no longer as fuel efficient as the 777 or 787.

Perhaps if PK went for the 747-8I, that would be better- not only would they have more capacity, but would benefit from the GEnx derived engines, which consume considerably less fuel....
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Sell or swap for 747 - 400 , PIA will be better off ! I would say !!
Please explain how PIA would be better off by introducing technology which is 20 years old, and is being phased out by most airlines in the world.

The time to induct the 747-400 was in 1999 when the 747-300s were leased from Cathay Pacific, but the financial bankrupt position of the airline at the time did not allow such a purchase.

Now that was 8 years ago, the 747-400 is now obsolete, and around the world is being replaced by the A380/777-300ERs.

PIA cannot become a first rate airline by inducting others second hand aircraft.

The most profitable airlines in the world always buy brandnew planes.
Emirates, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, British Airways, Japan Airlines, Qantas.

Its very logical, new planes fly more, fly cheaply and spend less time in the hangers. New planes dont delay flights due to technical faults, saving airline money on airport charges, hotels and happy customers, who return for more.

Why do History Of PIA forum members continue to insist that PIA needs 747-400s, or the A340-300 both aircraft which are now outdated, and considered inefficient.

Members need to realize that the 777 has been selected, and there is no more room for the 747-400 or the A340-300. However PIA can juggle things around with phasing out the 200LRs in favor of the larger 300ER or the same capacity but cheaper 200ER.

What we regularly see on this forum is the PIA employee mentality, which belives in quantity versus quality. Buy six used 747-400s instead of six brandnew 777-200ERs.

"Oh janab jahaz purana nahi hota, 3 777 ki jaga 6 puranay jumbo a jatay " as a current 747 captain told me. You see the same mentality in their kids, as many of them are forum members of History Of PIA.

If PIA is to regain the past glory of the 1960s, then we need brand new planes, because that is what our competition is flying.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Buying the 777's has not changed PIA's image in the eyes of the world, and it can never be top rate until its privatised, even state owned Vietnam Airlines is considered better than PIA with all its glorious history sorry to say so, an airline which was once glorious does not even have an appreciable western menu to boast of.

And to top it off they went and got the worst livery ever, as they say "Sonay Pay Sohaga".
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

CoyBoy wrote:Buying the 777's has not changed PIA's image in the eyes of the world, and it can never be top rate until its privatised, even state owned Vietnam Airlines is considered better than PIA with all its glorious history sorry to say so, an airline which was once glorious does not even have an appreciable western menu to boast of.

And to top it off they went and got the worst livery ever, as they say "Sonay Pay Sohaga".
PIA first needs to improve its reputation among the Pakistani's and Gora's are the market PIA should envisioning. If one gora is impressed out of 10, that word of mouth may court more gora tourists.
Adnan Anwar
nutsforplanes
Registered Member

Post by nutsforplanes »

Rumor, as a general definition is a statement without confirmation or certainty as to facts. A 'rumor' is NOT a 'lie'. Instead of killing off the topic by calling it a lie, why not look at the reasoning behind this rumor. That's what forum discussions are all about.

This is not the first time the 'rumor' of the LR swap with SIA's 77W have surfaced. Forum member SENIOR is, I believe, has a lot of interaction with PIA employees, whether he himself is an PIA employee, I am not sure about.

Fact of the matter is, PIA at the moment cannot utilise the full potential of the LR's due to reasons beyound their control, and they may never be able to.

And... please lets stop talking about inducting used 747-400's.