PIA selects new DigEplayer XT IFE system for B777 & A310

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Ali Hasan
Registered Member

Post by Ali Hasan »

Does anyone know if AP-BHV is equipped with this IFE system?
Mir
Registered Member

Must be Bright Idea...

Post by Mir »

This is all very confusing indeed,

Obviously the PIA management wanted to move towards the AVOD aspect of IFE, but why would they choose a Hand Held device is beyond my comprehension. The AVOD facility is provided by MAS system 3000. Am not sure what is installed on PK's latest aircraft but moving to this hand held device is a sure fire way to accrue loss, maintenance issues and a nightmare in media configuration control issues.

The vendor obviously touts various cool/easy ways for the configuration control but at the end of the day it's the technology and procedures in place in the airline that dictate the timely and accurate IFE updates.

With the already public debates going on in the parliament about PIA's losses this unusual procurment decision is sure to get some big wigs in trouble.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

This kind of system will take a walk with the customer unless it is tied down!
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

You got that right!!
Moin Abbasi
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

It is perhaps cheaper than conventional IFE?
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

PakN'US wrote:This kind of system will take a walk with the customer unless it is tied down!

I am sure manufacturer knows about this problem and has devised some sort of restrain to handle that.

One more thing to add, Pakistanis are not only one who do these things. All nationals of every country has a percentage of people who do these things, so rest assured I am 100% certain airlines must have expressed their concern loss preventation.
Adnan Anwar