A310 in Beirut

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

A310 in Beirut

Post by CoyBoy »

Flying the PM there for an official visit, is it AP-BEU NWFP tail or flag or Sindh?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Prime Minister is traveling aboard Pakistan Air Force Gulfstream 4SP.

Arrival at Oslo, Norway - Image Source: APP
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Ok so he is using the gulf stream and not the usual A310, how come?
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Simply beacuase he decided on a smaller entourage.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

PK-777 Wrote
Ok so he is using the gulf stream and not the usual A310, how come?
IS it not Better. Instead of taking a big 310 off revenue service, PM travels in a small G-IV SP. Besides direct savings due to opoerating a smaller ac, it will restrict a large entourage of freeloaders on a usual chartered Airbus :D .
By the way, G-IV doesnt come cheap. I ve heard this second hand ac was bought for 26 million dollars, and that too as an interim measure till a brand new is delivered and that should cost nothing less than 40 millions.

And if it is true, I doubt the logic of 'buying' the second hand ac till the new one is available. They could have leased one for the intervening period. Will they get the whole investment back once they sell this?.

ANd how about going for a BBJ or 319 CJ instead of a Gulfstream. In case of BBJ they could have used the technical/operational expertise available with PIA. There is not much difference in the acquistion cost of a BBJ and G-IV, if I guess right and if i am wrong will anyone correct me..

Regards
GREAT PEOPLE TO FLY ON.........TAXPAYERS MONEY
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Well ofcourse its better to take a smaller private jet for Govt visits to other countries, but they love to take all the anties and uncles with them free of charge. :roll: