Oslo flight delayed - pilot tests positive for alcohol

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

^^Yeah, God works in mysterious ways..."couple of drinks" at dinner not withstanding...
beyblade
Registered Member

Post by beyblade »

Dear Ms Anum,

I am sorry what happened to your father but it was all his fault and he made a very stupid mistake.

Please in these cases PIA management refused to assist their employees and their families. Do not expect anything since its your father's fault.

But anyhow, we can understand what you and our family are going through and we all feel sorry for that.

What is the latest update on his case?
anum tahir
Registered Member

Post by anum tahir »

Sir,
It's very easy to blame someone like this but I, would just suggest that u should wait for him to come back and then u may comment on the real story as much as u want to.
In our society who ever is caught is the bad person n the rest who are luckily getting away with it think that they are 'angels' rite? :)
umar744
Registered Member

friend

Post by umar744 »

Dearest F/O Tahir yosuf's daughter
Salam hello
My name is umar anis in LHR UK. I know your father well and he is good friend and he is nice person. My friend Capt.Junaid Abbasi had been hard work to helped to your dad but unsuccessful because different countries good and bad luck. Your father will be free and will back fly or will get job in one day soon. Your father is NOT fault. You know other airline pilot and other world train rail driver jail more than 6months. My friend rail driver was sick and took pencillin and took cough drowsery then it serious pain but people think it drunk and error.. never mind. I pray for Tahir free soon. You DONT worry. Please happy smile. Eid Mubarak greeting.
Best wishes and kindest regards
Umar
anum tahir
Registered Member

Post by anum tahir »

thanks alot 4 these kind words seriously:)...inshallah everything will be over soon anyway, as far as capt juanid abbasi is concerned let me correct you here he was the one who got him in trouble n completly lied in the court so lets not get started on him!...:)
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

anum tahir wrote:Sir,
It's very easy to blame someone like this but I, would just suggest that u should wait for him to come back and then u may comment on the real story as much as u want to.
In our society who ever is caught is the bad person n the rest who are luckily getting away with it think that they are 'angels' rite? :)
No one who drinks is an angel. Please dont expect sympthy. If he was caught in Pak you could raise the issue of him being framed, but this was in Oslo. I have no desire for your father to lose his livelohood and he should have know better.
Alcohol and Inshallah :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry:
Last edited by Gulistan on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Im against nobody, but we have to be a little objective: its absolutely not acceptable that a pilot who have drunk can be allowed to fly an airplane!
As you said, Ms. Anum Tahir, Im sure that there probably other people who are guilty, but its not a reason to say that people who are "arrested" have to be released without any punishment.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Annum Tahir Wrote
Sir,
In our society who ever is caught is the bad person n the rest who are luckily getting away with it think that they are 'angels' rite?

Gulistan replied
No one who drinks is an angel. Please dont expect sympthy. If he was caught in Pak you could raise the issue of him being framed, but this was in Oslo. I have no desire for your father to lose his livelohood and he should have know better.
Alcohol and Inshallah
Well given the hypocracy prevalent in our society, what Ms Anum Tahir thinks is not absolutely wrong, but at the same time Flying System and Gulistan too are not off the mark either. I think its better if the thread is closed. Mr Tahir has been punished for what he has done plus lost a dream job and the accompanying notoriety for him self and family. Let us not pass judgements. Better leave them alone.
anum tahir
Registered Member

Post by anum tahir »

Mr Gulistan:
i have used the word inshallah in the sentence where i have said 'inshallah everything will be over soon'.let me be every straight here u have no right to comment on this at all...i have complete faith in god n i would keep on using inshallah no matter how bad the problem his because hes our creator and forgiver!
inshallah god will guide you to the right path aswell!!:)
PIAinORD
Registered Member

Post by PIAinORD »

I agree this thread needs to be closed. I think the moral question on whether a person drinks is compromising their Islam is not something worth discussing over an aviation discussion forum. It is only Allah (SWT) on the Day of Judgment who has the power to judge, we should not rush to judgment especially considering we don't have a lot of information...