Oslo flight delayed - pilot tests positive for alcohol

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
TAILWIND
Registered Member

Post by TAILWIND »

Fullthrust wrote
if he had confessed, he is out of PIA. Lost his everything........poor fellow
Why poor fellow????? I think 'stupid fellow' is more appropriate. Why should one sympathise with someone in such circumstances. Yea, one can feel pity that the accused and now convicted pilot managed to loose everything, a dream job, exciting life style and above all honor and prestige for a few glasses of alcohol. No wonder it is called ummul-khabaith (mother or all evils)
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

my question/comment is dont any of these pilots have religious/cultural values and morales???
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Not to worry he'll be out and back on the job, he's got plenty clout all where it matters. That's Pakistan and 'Great people to Fly with' for you. It's pretty soon going to be hushed up, and just incase if he does get fired, he'll be back some years later with the change of government his seniortiy intact and back dated pay for the time he was out, seen it happen over and over again, nothing new.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

This guy is 49 and still only a first officer on the A310s.

Must be ex P.A.F?? Having joined PIA after retiring from the airforce.

Might get grounded for a year, and return as a captain on the ATR42, fleet.

Just like the captain of the F.27 which crashed in Gilgit in 1989, who had just returned after being grounded for his involvement in the belly landing of the 747 in Islamabad in 1986.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Babushka99
Registered Member

Post by Babushka99 »

FULLTHRUST wrote:
reminisce wrote:Yes, Abbas bhai - The article says the the pilot has confessed that he had drinked alcohol, and will now be jailed for four weeks, the pilots lawyer Zulfiqar Munir confirmed.
The pilot altough said that he was not suppose to fly the aircarft that day.
if he had confessed, he is out of PIA. Lost his everything........poor fellow

Poor fellow? The guy deserves to lose his life/career. The entire passenger/crew could be in grave danger of this pilot's drinking. Serves his right I say.
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

if he was travelling non-opting, his defence stands valid and he might be acquitted. a few years back a drunk capt came on to the aircraft(b4) ,throwing tantrums at the f/o,totally tipsy and out of his mind. the cockpit crew refused to fly and took up the matter with the md who finally sacked him. his name is danish paul and hes now living on the edge with no job offers. its not that such acts of obscene outrage are allowed to slide just because of political connections. its not only pia misconduct but a CAA offence and the said pilot will be tried .
F.K
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

first off..he was not travelling non operating..why would an A310 F/o travel non operating on a 310 flight to khi from Oslo ? there were no technical problems there so no extra crew was sent..he was the operating F/o...
i dont know whether to feel sorry for him or act as if he deserved what he got..he was due to get command this year on the ATR...

this is why Islam lays so much stress on not taking drugs or consuming alcohol..it brings the worst out in you and eventually the worst ONTO u too..
umar744
Registered Member

name

Post by umar744 »

salam hello
pilot name is TAHIR YOUSAF with my good friend Capt.Junaid Abbasi was very tired waited long time then Saturday 19th August Capt.Arif Malik and FO Sajjid Hussain from ISB to OSL arrived 1pm and stay Oslo till 0130am Capt.Arif Malik & FO Sajiid Hussain with FO Tahir Yousaf passenger from OSL to CPH to ISB. On Sunday 20th August F/O Ali Jafri passenger from ISB to OSL and flew with Capt.Junaid Abbasi from OSL to CPH to ISB arrived Monday 21st August safely and Capt.Junaid Abbasi was very tired and unable to fly to Bangkok and Hong Kong on PK892 Tuesday 22nd August and my friend Capt.Asad Ahmed flew to HKG instead.
Thank you
regards
umar
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Many glaring examples of similar gross misconduct in PIA, names that I wish not to post on this forum for obvious reasons, however they are will continue to fly in the national carrier till retirement. Cases such as money laundering, gold smuggling, rape, forgery, and intoxicated whilst on the controls of a revenue flight and many other such anti social behaviour has been condoned due political connections. Operating or Non operating once in company uniform and on duty all the corporations rules are applicable and binding on the individual.

The case of the mentioned Capt. was not an isolated one where action was taken and he was asked to leave the airline, but had a 25 year old history where he was on other occassions been caught and let go due connections whilst in an inebriated state in company uniform on duty and also conducted a flight where the pax had complained of the pilot not being in his senses.

Eventually after no other recourse he was retired with full benefits since he had completed 25 years of service, and is presently leading a quiet retired life outside the country.

This particular incident involves a civilian pilot and not an AF one as mentioned.
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

It makes you wonder how many captains/fo's fly whilst under the influence of drink/drugs without getting caught!!!!
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Hope PIA and PALPA are helping to get him out of jail and get the poor fellow some medical help
aslam
Registered Member

pilot found drunk

Post by aslam »

shame on you Tahir Yousaf. for bringing islam and pakistan into shame sack him at once

Hi guys I work for a logistical operation in uk we deal with flights all day.
beyblade
Registered Member

Post by beyblade »

Hi EVeryone, Its a shame to hear all this, we all agree that its a crime but its very sad to hear all of you giving bad remarks to our pilots and the country.
I want to Tell Mr. Aslam and others that we do lot of bad things and bring shame to country and islam but since they are not open we are quite. look into yourself and see how many things you do in a day that bring shame.I have seen pakistani Muslim, so called, travelling foreign carrier drinking and flirting with cabin crew............. In their case the country and Islam is not in shame..............
Infact you all did the worst thing, spreading the rumour and giving bad name to the whole country. As per our religion its better to stay quite then spreading news and rumors even if you know the truth but NO why should we do it since that is not a shame to our religion and the country.

The First officer has committed a crime and he would be punished in the court of law but let the authorities decide what to do, not us.

I have one more thing to say to all of you who feel ashamed of their airline, Please if you dont like your airline then dont travel on it
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Whatever happened to Capt. Imran Aziz who was caught drunk last year at LHR, I believe....probably still flying...
umar744
Registered Member

error

Post by umar744 »

hello che
please note capt.imran aziz DID NOT get happen postive or drunk it was mistake error police was wrong accident when test passed and it was chef of hotel jealious false reported police but PIA fired hotel then hotel sacked chef out of job. capt.imran is clear right correct nothing wrong. please delete your message thank you regards