pk 701 losing its touch

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Jumponmyjumbo
Registered Member

pk 701 losing its touch

Post by Jumponmyjumbo »

Just flew back to Manchester with PIA pk701 business class a few days ago from isb. Its was shocking and I will never travel with that airline again.

I had advised the cabin crew under no circumstanses they are to wake me up throughout the flight. I dislike the food given on PIA flights and the in flight entertainment is very poor and mostly not working. Hence i would rather catch up on my sleep, which also made sense as i had an important client to see later that afternoon in Manchester.

I only got woken up several times during the flight by different flight attendants offering me food and duty free items. In the end i just gave up telling them to leave me alone and asked for a cup of coffee 20 minutes before landing. Which i never got!

I remember traveling on pk701 two years ago in ramzan from isb. I was the only person travelling buisness plus and there were 3 flight attendants. Even then the service was a shocking and one of the female flight attendant even tried to chat me up (in ramazan) and told me all her life story. She even told me details of the sexual abuse that goes on with in the airline.

This airline is shocking and should close down.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

For every horror story, there are many good ones.

That is PIA for you.

I have traveled PIA dozens of times on international flights, and the service has been great, and the crew has been polite.

No complaints.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
tariq-bhx
Registered Member

Post by tariq-bhx »

I flew ISB-BHX Business Plus on the 22nd July and I was the only person in Business.

A310 with the 777 Business Class Sleeper seats !

The service was excellent, I slept all the way and was not disturbed.

Excellent Crew and Staff.
Flying, Flying and Flying some more !
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

I don't know what your real problem with PIA is.

But it is flight Attendants job to make sure you are offered every service that other passenger are given . Food is mandatory, unless you have the Freekin Do not Disturb sticker which PIA does NOT have, as far as I know.

As far as inflight entertainement is concerned except the 747combis and 310. PIA inflight entertainment on 777 and 747-300 is a lot better most American carriers i fly all the time, atleast they show you something on PIA but on US and AIr Canada you pay for the headphones, pay for the food now. Everytime I have flown on Emirates I always had reckless experience with them, so if you ask me I think PIA with its limited resources is still Average good airlines, if they work out there operational kinks, then skies is the limit.

I tell you what airlines should be closed down --> DELTA, NORTHWEST, AIR CANADA and SOUTHWEST (hate the bus service-so called civilized Americans are running into the aircraft like Dogs running after a Rabbit to grab the best seats)
Adnan Anwar
sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

I have always been an admirer of PIA, that was until my last experience with them. It was HORRIFIC!!! I was accused of smoking in the rare lavotory, the door of which, by the way, was opened forcedly while i was still inside (no knocks either). The stewardess dropped hopt boiling tea on my naked leg, i was not allowed to walk around the cabin to stretch my legs while someone was literally sitting ON the emergency exit having a tea party, and i was given three trays of ffod instead of one, only to pass two of them on to the passengers sitting next to me!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

PIA needs some serious changes. Their crew is very very rude and uncooperative, there inflight system is almost never on, and the airconditioners in the aircrafts (743s) need to be replaced!!
sAAd!
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

i have to say once when i flew with PIA direct to Lahore the inflight entertainment was off :evil: :evil: :evil: that was the worse flight of my life.

i barely fly with PIA now, as my sister is a cabin crew with British airways :D . british airways service is first class :D . cabin crew are so polite. great airline. :D

shame about PIA :oops: . they have to improve, but i will still collect their aircraft models :lol:
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

p.s. my father will be flying with PIA from manchester to lahore this friday. he likes PIA. ill see what he says when he returns
Jumponmyjumbo
Registered Member

Post by Jumponmyjumbo »

LOL Saad the tale of your journey really left me in stiches. :lol: That was so funny, did all that really happen? :P

However I was quite shocked once travelling on the pk701 (boeing 747) in the buisness plus I asked the flight attendant if there would be a chance if i could smoke. I guess i was jus wanting to see their reaction and see how they handle this situation. As the cabin was almost empty, she allowed me to smoke. lolz

Although I do agree with you and I really do feel that the cabin crew could benefit from carrying out communcation and customer care related courses.