Manila, Revival Through Transit

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Manila, Revival Through Transit

Post by Amaad Lone »

There is a large number of workers in the Middle East from the Phillipines.

With PIA's extensive network from Karachi to most Middle East destinations, shouldn't Manila be a natural choice for around 3 weekly A310 flights.

I think the flights to Manila can be successful if they are scheduled with good connections to the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Gulf states.

If the fares are lower then Qatar, Emirates and Etihad, PIA should be able to revive the Manila route.

Here is another option.

KARACHI-BANKGOK-MANILA 3 weekly A310 flights.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

EK, EY, KU and QR have double daily / daily flights to MNL from their home base and they fly a convenient nonstop flight catered to this market from their region.

KU though flies via BKK 6 times a week.

Their inflight product on board the A 340s/A 332s and B 777s that fly this route is much better than PIAs A 310s.

Lastly, why would the MNL bound pax from the Gulf want to fly PIA with the routing being Gulf-KHI-BKK-MNL?

The Arab carriers as proven in the past too can easily undercut PIAs fares on this route as they offer better frequencies thus more seating capacity to downgrade the fares and most of all an excellent inflight product with the added bonus of a nonstop flight.

lastly in these gulf countries, a majority of these filipinos work for govt owned companies who make it mandatory that they fly back home using their national airline. these filipinos who fly back home do so on a free ticket given by their employers as that is how their employment package in KWI and DXB is structured as far as I know.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

behramjee wrote:Lastly in these gulf countries, a majority of these filipinos work for govt owned companies who make it mandatory that they fly back home using their national airline. these filipinos who fly back home do so on a free ticket given by their employers as that is how their employment package in KWI and DXB is structured as far as I know.
Our employer is also giving preference to national carrier KU then
EK, GF or QR for free air passage.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

KARACHI-BANGKOK-MANILA is second option, when PIA is not concentrating on the transit business from the Gulf.

The load between Karachi and Bangkok does exsist, but not between Karachi and Manila. So make a stopover at Bangkok, drop off some passengers and pickup some fresh ones, and the keep the load factor up.
P.I.A

God's International Airline