PIA to elevate employees every year

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA to elevate employees every year

Post by Abbas Ali »

KARACHI: PIA has decided that employees will be promoted every year in January and July, so that no employee is deprived of legitimate rights. Promotions will take place regularly in line with the corporate policy.

The decision was made in accordance with the new methodology for systematic promotions. According to a PIA press release, about 2,900 employees had been promoted in the period from August 2005 to July 2006.

Some of the employees had been awaiting their promotions for the last 15 to 20 years.

Source: The News
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
optimist
Registered Member

Post by optimist »

I'm glad they're at least thinking about these changes now, my father served as a "Flight Steward" for more than 15 years I think, many crew members who were a few years senior had become "Senior Purser" by then. He said it was in Zia's regime that PIA's policies became worse day after day (from promotions to staff tickets and benefits etc).

It reminds me of another stupid policy, in the recent years (Musharraf's era), there was a stupid rule that even if the whole aircraft is going empty, the total number of sublo passengers (staff tickets) will not exceed 10% (or whatever). We flew LHE-ISB and back during that time, and 4 out of 5 family members were on board the Fokker, with several spare seats, but my father had to wait at LHE for the next flight, and those of us who boarded had to wait at ISB for hours. :x CAN YOU JUST BELIEVE IT!!

Though he got promoted to the rank of "Flight Purser", the rank on his retirement book still says "Flight Steward", it's probably got something to do with the benefits, not sure.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.