PK 786 (22nd July )

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
oxon
Registered Member

PK 786 (22nd July )

Post by oxon »

PK786 (22.7.2006) London -- Islamabad . Passenger reporting bad service , worst food , riped carpets and seats covers and on top of that blocked and clogged toilets .... pure shamble and discusting flight. That was the condition in Economy + .... Allah knows whats was going on economy class ?
SENIOR
Registered Member

Bad service ????

Post by SENIOR »

Unfortunately, our passengers who fly on PIA especially on the ISB routes are probably the worst in respect to hygiene and cleanleness and respect for the airline as a carrier you can find.
After seeing the ISB flights that arrive into MAN for the last five years or so it makes me feel embarassed being of Pakistani origin :x
If you could see the state the aircraft is in when it arrives you would feel ashamed. Plastic trimmings torn up from the floor, arm rests torn from the casings and even the tv monitors have been torn out from their holdings, nappies and rolls of tissue are thrown down the toilets instead of the bins. I can't imagine how many times the cleaners have refused to clean the toilets because excrement has been found everywhere but inside the toilets =;
Our nation in this respect don't deserve the B777's or any new aircraft for that matter because of the lack of respect they have shown and i'm afraid after seeing the state of these new aircraft recently it's a sad fact. :(
"open your eyes and you shall see"
- quote from prof bunsen
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

Maybe instead of demonstrating how to tie the seat belt, they need to be shown how to use the bathroom properly. "In case of sudden increase in pressure, make sure that you are aligned properly", "Ba-Rah-e-Meherbani, lota istamaal kernay say pehlay cigareete bhuja leein" you get the 'wind'...
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

i have to agree that flights that go via Islamabad are just really bad. I was on a PIA flight that went via ISB to LHR and it was just horrible. People were carrying meat in their handluggage! The people were just rude...i guess because most people who travel to Islamabad go on to Mir Pur who are not very.........

Karachi direct and London direct flights from London/Karachi are generally much more pleasant.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
KSKJADOON
Registered Member

Post by KSKJADOON »

80% of Islamabad bound traffic is going to AZAD KASHMIR and I am sorry to say that MAJORITY are extremely rude, un-hygenic, un-civlized and above all completely illeterate.

This applies to vast majority however there is very small MINORITY who are professionals and very civilized.

I think Pakistan should make Kashmir independent and let these people call themselves Kashmiris as they do not have any love/passion with Pakistan.
KHURRAM JADOON - LONDON (UK)
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

they need to open mirpur international airport.

on a serious note PK785 and 786 are usually very poor in economy. the toilets stink of shit and people dont realise that th light will turn on when the door is locked. they also need to learn where the flush button is - or insall a chain pull system. also a "lota" wont be a bad investment.

howerver business plus+ is a ver pleasent experience, hence why my family has decided to fly it for the past few years.
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

sounds unbearable :( Does anyone know if this happens on the LHR-ISB-LHR BA flights as well?
**Fly Emirates**

atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Saadu wrote:Maybe instead of demonstrating how to tie the seat belt, they need to be shown how to use the bathroom properly. "In case of sudden increase in pressure, make sure that you are aligned properly", "Ba-Rah-e-Meherbani, lota istamaal kernay say pehlay cigareete bhuja leein" you get the 'wind'...
Saadu I agree with you on that. I guess if our people cant respect the things that they use then we should resort to those ideas, maybe then and only then they will understand what they should do.

On another note, how about the BA flights that ply on that route? Do they have the same problems also??
speedbird london
Registered Member

BA flights to/from ISL

Post by speedbird london »

Well generally BA flights are in better condition to PK flights. Yes the cabin is in a poor state, but not to an extent where the toilets are unusable. Mind you if that was the case in BA, Im sure the cabin crew would of disputed it by now.

Yes I remember having this topic raised many times here on this forum. I also remember that when the aircraft used to come from a haj operation, that was in such a state the Maintenance team used to moan and to certain extents wanted to resude work on the aircraft. Same reasons, the toilet was unbearable. The moudules used to be soaked with urines, and excriments in the toilet module in places, making you wander how the hell the passengers were usind the lav.

Anyway, its shameful, and is reflected that we all like that. If only there was a solution.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

2 solutions.

If we seriously think about the situation, i think the toilets get dirty because some folks don't know how to sit on the 'throne'. A practical option might be to introduce the 'hole-in-the-ground' toilet if it is feasible on the aircraft. How does JAL manage? I know Japanese like sitting down.

Also maybe they should remove access stuff from the toilet. I mean who shaves in there? They still have place to throw blades. As for changing babies, maybe one toilet can be converted to babies or mothers only with babies which can be stocked with accessories they need like pampers and tons of cotton. For male section, it should only have toilet paper and liquid soap. Im sure someone somewhere in PIA thinks about toiletry management. I dont know how to reach him and i doubt these suggestions will go to him via the website but im sure his job could use a lot of ideas.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Last year when i was flying PIA in business class the toilet were completely blocked, with toilet paper overflowing and the floor drenched with water, so its not just a problem with economy class. The logical thing to do is to at least put a sign up on the door to show it is not working.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

They should have an onboard toilet supervisor on every long haul flight, or selected flights where these type of pax would be expected.
Moin Abbasi
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

How about installing BIGGER and BETTER toilets, called TEXAN TOILETS.

Toilets which can clean themselves.

Toilets with better flush systems.

Maybe train the cabin crew with jamadar skills.

Stop serving food or drinks on board so the passengers do not have any need to go the toilets.

Provide Lotas on need basis.

Install security cameras in toilets to make sure people are using it properly.

Started toilet training courses amoung the Azad Kashmir community in England.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
speedbird london
Registered Member

ANIMATION VIDEO

Post by speedbird london »

I think, my previous idea as mentioned in previous forum, is to produce a animated video, in local languages, shown as part of the safety video, or stand alone video. Containg the use lavs and hygene towards other passengers. This is a very sentive issue, as peole here are blaming or pointing fingers at certain communities. This is really not on.

Im sure PIA has not done much research into the issue, as the senior managers never see the situation. Maybe once they see what aiport workers have to put up with, then they will react.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Amaad Lone wrote:How about installing BIGGER and BETTER toilets, called TEXAN TOILETS.

Started toilet training courses amoung the Azad Kashmir community in England.

Bang on target but there are members from adjacent areas too.
Fortune favours brave.