PAF C-130 Won First Prize

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
oxon
Registered Member

PAF C-130 Won First Prize

Post by oxon »

PAF C-130 has won first prize at Fairford airshow. I went there this morning and spent 3 hours with crew and took dozens of photos (even in cockpit ). I will e.mail all photos to Abbas bhaie so Abbas can pick and choose and post good ones on this site. It was £36 to get in the show but car parking was free. About 40 odd miles from Oxford and I can say that PAF C-130 was one the main attraction because of bus raksha truck style painting on tail. Please wait for photos ... you WILL love them. Skipper gave me bag full of P.A.F goodies too. Crew of 19 was on board on this ship. This C-130 was very very popular because its last of this kind and people from all over the world came to see this a/c. There are one of two more but they are not with any Air Forces of the world.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Wow! That's a great news! Look forward to see the photos. You can e-mail them at historyofpia@yahoo.com and I will post them on forum with proper credit to you.

Thank you oxon.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Can you give more details about the prize won by PAF?
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Yes, I also couldn't able to understand clearly what the reason was for C-130 to be awarded first prize... Oxon, a little more story can help i think :roll:
Adnan
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

I was soooooooooooooooo excited there and forgot to ask them about the details of win but I just posted two photos on Photo Forum . As I do not know how to post more than one photo so rest of photo I am going to send Abbas bhaie.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Photos posted in Photography Forum on following links:

viewtopic.php?t=6233

viewtopic.php?t=6238

viewtopic.php?t=6239

viewtopic.php?t=6240

Thanks to oxon for sharing top class photos.

Abbas

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Will they come to Farnbrough or any other UK air show?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PAF C-130 participates in Int. air show in UK

LONDON, July 19 (APP)-
A PAF C-130 participated in the static display at Royal International Air Tattoo-2006 at RAF Fairford, UK from July 15-16 held under the theme of “Rapid Global Effect”.

This has been the first participation by a Pakistani aircraft in this charity event held every year in UK. Pakistani Contingent was led by Wing Commander Haseeb Gul and comprised 19 members, said a press release of the High Commission issued here on Wednesday.

The aircraft was adjudged as the Best Presented Aircraft in the event and remained the centre of attraction during the entire duration. The C-130 was painted with the photos of the relief operations conducted by C-130’s during the Earth Quake in Pakistan. The global support to the earth quake was acknowledged by displaying the flags of the countries which participated in the rescue and rehabilitation in the affected areas, it said.

The accompanying crew also participated in various professional and sports events and on numerous prizes, it added.

Source: Associated Press of Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Stunning Pakistan Aircraft Scoops Three Awards

Image Source: www.airtattoo.com

Pakistan’s gesture of thanks to UK and US forces for their help in last year’s earthquake disaster turned into a spectacular winner at the Royal International Air Tattoo at the weekend.

The Tattoo’s Rapid Global Effect theme was so current and appropriate that Pakistan entered a unique aircraft, 6 Squadron’s L382B, the only civilian version of the C-130 Hercules still flying.

With huge, colourful illustrations of the humanitarian work carried out after the earthquake, the aircraft walked away with the Tattoo’s prestigious Concours d’Elegance competition, lifting the Page Aerospace Trophy as well as the BAE Systems’ Trophy for winning the Spirit of the Meet competition.

The crew were also presented with an engraved bowl for having the Best Livery at this year’s Air Tattoo. It was presented by Air Tattoo director Tim Prince.

“This is a wonderful result and we are elated that the Tattoo judges acknowledged what we wanted to present,” said Wg Cdr Haseeb Gul, who commanded a 19-strong team of aircrew and medical personnel in the medical evacuation configured aircraft.

He explained how the extraordinary illustrations were conceived and created. “We all got together, aircrew and ground crew, to discuss what would truly represent the humanitarian teamwork involved last year, “said Wg Cdr Haseeb.

“Once we had agreed the general design, the artists and painters were called in and the work was only finished two days before we flew over here.” The aircraft belongs to No.6 Air Transport Support Squadron, founded in 1942 and the oldest squadron in the Pakistan Air Force.

Wg Cdr Haseeb and his team were presented with their trophies by Mr Paul Gibbs, Managing Director of Page Aerospace, and Mr Nigel Whitehead of BAE Systems.

Info Source: www.airtattoo.com

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Sounds Good... Congratulation.
Fortune favours brave.