PIA Fokker Down in Multan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Inna Lillah-e-Wa Inna Elayehey Rajeoun

A very dreadful event happened, my heartfelt condolences with the people and familes who lost their lives.

May Allah give all those related people the courage to bear this loss.
Adnan
sayem
Registered Member

Post by sayem »

Inililah e wainilai ha rajaon ...
My dad's friend was also onboard !!!!
Allh unkay gher waloon ko saber day... ameen.
Mujhay Fakhar ha Apni Parwaz par.
optimist
Registered Member

You too Brutus!!

Post by optimist »

Moin wrote:There should also be a law banning airlines from operating a/c more than 30 years old. This a/c was 42 years old.

In all seriousness, a law should come into force requiring airlines to ground a/c that are more than 30+ years of age. Peoples lives are at stake here and some of these airlines are just out to get the maximum utility from these vintage a/c, make money all while ignoring the possible consequences.
Mr. Moin, I had not read many posts from you, but from those that I had read, I thought of you as a senior member of this forum (wrt age), who has at least ten more years of experience in this world than I have, and who is a reasonable person... I had a respect for you, but now reading these posts of yours, the image I had of you has been reset. So you think an a/c more than 30 years old should be banned? Interesting... I thought you knew something about flying, perhaps more than I did... But I'm disappointed. You should read more about flying, and research before you say something like this.

It was comments like these that caused the public Fokker-phobia and finally lead to the (technically unnecessary) grounding of theFokkers. If it was technically necessary, they would have grounded the aircraft that same day immediately. It was the bigwigs of the nation that made the decision.

PS:
Mr. Moin, when will you find out that many C-130's older than these Fokkers are still flying, and when will you raise your voice for grounding them? Before or after people utilize their chance of riding the C-130's?

"There should also be a law banning airlines from operating a/c more than 30 years old. "

And what about some legislation for 20-30 year old buses and trucks that ACTUALLY are risky to ride because of their age? Any idea how many ppl die in Pakistan in road accidents? Surely more than 100 time 45 per year, maybe much more than that.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

optimist,

There’s absolutely no need to clash with a member on having a different opinion on an issue like aircraft age.

I mean, if Moin thinks airlines should not be allowed to operate more than 30 years old aircraft, he has the right to express his view.

Similarly, you also have right to express you views on this issue. But, we should not criticize a member for having a different opinion on an issue.

Thank you.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Judicial probe into plane crash sought

ISLAMABAD, July 12:
Pakistan People’s Party chairperson Benazir Bhutto on Wednesday demanded judicial probe into Fokkar crash.

She was commenting on media reports that the plane was not air-worthy and should never have been used.

According to media reports the Civil Aviation Authority has also said that the Fokker was not flight-worthy.

In a statement, she said that the crash and death of innocent lives had deeply pained her as well as the Pakistan People’s Party workers as well as the people at large.

Ms Bhutto said if the reports of the plane being not airworthy were true, the painful death of 45 innocent people would squarely fall on the shoulders of the military dictatorship.

She called for an impartial judicial inquiry to determine whether the fokker was airworthy and fix the responsibility in this regard.

Ms Bhutto rejected the military dictatorship’s anti-people policies where on the one hand the non-airworthy fokker planes were used for civilian passengers while the regime purchased two VVIP aircraft for $60 million and SAAB aircraft for over a billion dollars. She said that this was criminal to neglect passengers safety and exploit the resources of the state for the benefit of a few.

She said that the issue of replacement of Fokkers was also discussed in the Senate Committee on Defence sometime back and according to press reports the members had expressed their apprehensions over the safety of the aging aircraft but the regime did not take note.

Source: DAWN

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PALPA demands independent and transparent inquiry into Fokker crash

ISLAMABAD, July 12:
Pakistan Airline Pilots’ Association (PALPA) on Wednesday demanded independent and transparent inquiry into Fokker crash by experts of International Federation of Airline Pilots Associations (IFALPA), writes our staff reporter.

Palpa President Captain Khalid Hamza, talking to this reporter, said a properly conducted accident investi-gation could improve aviation safety.

Experience had shown that the involvement of properly trained and experienced pilot investigators early in the investigation process is essential to a full and complete investigation and analysis.

He said it was unfortunate in Pakistan that neither the findings of the investigations were made public nor was the probe ever conducted independently by qualified aviation experts. It was a usual practice here that the blame was passed on to the pilot, he said.

Moreover, he said, all pilots would benefit if the factors underlying the accident were properly identified and resolved. Mentioning the credentials of IFALPA, Captain Hamza said, it had the observer status with ICAO.

Among the many activities of Ifalpa the most well known one is its accident investigation and support work.

See you at:
PK747
Registered Member

Post by PK747 »

Salaam to you all,
I have been looking into foker 27 crash record.It appears that since 1964 PIA have lost 15 F/27 including airforce.any comments.
Regards
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

BZU staff wants PIA chief to quit

MULTAN, July 13:
The Academic Staff Association of the Bahauddin Zakariya University has demanded resignation of the PIA chairman, saying the federal government decision to ground all Fokker planes has reinforced the notion that the national flag carrier was in fact operating ‘fatal planes’.

In a statement issued here on Thursday, BZUASA president Prof Dr Abdul Qaddus Sohaib and general secretary Prof Dr Saeed Akhtar said that the PIA chairman should have enough moral courage to step down after the Fokker’s Multan tragedy and subsequent realisation in Islamabad to do away with the obsolete aircraft.

They expressed dismay over what they termed rhetoric of the top PIA, CAA and government officials that the Fokker was the safest aircraft ever designed. “If that was the case then the plane should have been given to the VVIP personalities of the country for their safety,” they maintained.

It may be added here that the BZU vice chancellor and renowned scientist Prof Dr Naseer Khan and Urdu Department head Dr Abdul Rauf Sheikh were among the victims of the PK-688.

See you at: