Another classic Boeing 737 to join Shaheen Air fleet

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Another classic Boeing 737 to join Shaheen Air fleet

Post by Abbas Ali »

I got following info from a friend.

A Boeing 737-201/Adv (c/n 21666, l/n 547), built in 1978, is on its delivery flight to Shaheen Air (www.shaheenair.com) of Pakistan. On June 29, 2006, the aircraft, on first leg of its delivery flight, left Tucson-Arizona for Newfoundland-Canada via Ontario-Canada.

Jetran LLC is the last known operator of this aircraft. The aircraft flew for them under registration N224JT.

Here’s photo of the same aircraft in CanJet Airlines livery :
Copyright Michael Durning
Link to large photo: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0898009/L/
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Why is Shaheen Air purchasing another plane when it is already operating only one 737-200 out of an exsisting fleet of three.

Plus what is the deal about buying 28 year old aircraft.

Why is the Civil Aviation Authority not regulating the type and age of aircraft an airline can operate in Pakistan????
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Money talks and bullshit walks. Simple as that.
Moin Abbasi
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

They will only take action when this bullshit falls out of the sky.
Adnan Anwar
AP-BGJ
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGJ »

F**K man!!!! these airlines should be kicked in their asses...28 year old plane for shaheen...no comments F**K!!!! they can never go forward
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

AP-BGJ wrote:F**K man!!!! these airlines should be kicked in their asses...28 year old plane for shaheen...no comments F**K!!!! they can never go forward
And they are one of the oldest airlines in the industry, with 13+ years in the industry they still can not afford to aquire better, newer aircraft from Boeing or Airbus or yet even second hand B737-400/500 or A320/321!! I hope they go bust, yet the PAF still supports them :roll:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

i think they have the noise reduction kit on the canjets B732's...but again...why the gas guzzlers ? why why WHY!

what prevents these CEO's from thinking on a long term plan rather than a monthly progress one !
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Next stops on aircraft's delivery flight include Agadir Almassira Airport (AGA) - Morocco and Benghazi Benina Airport (BEN) - Libya.

Any idea what AP- registration it's going to get in Pakistan?
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Asslam u alikum

I don't know why some people like to play with peoples life ??

This type of B737-200s have many problems and remember Aug 2005 how many of this type of A/C has crashed.

A.Aziz
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

AbdulAziz wrote:Asslam u alikum

I don't know why some people like to play with peoples life ??

This type of B737-200s have many problems and remember Aug 2005 how many of this type of A/C has crashed.

A.Aziz
I agree with u all that that these planes are very old, are not very comfortable and are very noisy compared to modern planes like the A320s.

But I really think that B737 planes are very reliable even if they are old.
The fact is that crashs happen more in countries where the rules about maintenance are not respected. Most of these countries are in Africa.

And I really think that if these planes are correctly maintained, there is really no problem of security.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Its all about money at the end of the day. Newer a/c cost money, a good deal of money and these airlines cannot afford to purchase them, simple as that.

These 25 year old rattletraps come for next to nothing and have a few more years of flying left so they opt for them. To hell with pax safety. Their eyes will only open if, God forbid, theres some kind of disaster leading to the death of a few or many.

Airlines who are financially handicapped induct and fly 20+ year old a/c and due to the high cost of maintaining them, at times can skimp on maintenance resulting in disastrous results. accidents waiting to happen.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

^ Moin pretty much sums it up for the Shaheen and former Aero Asia. 13+ years and we are still using B737-200Adv. We need businessmen who have had some past experience in OTHER aviation markets and have bought new innoviation into the industry. Obvious example: Airblue :wink:
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

This is an excellent chance for Shaheen to fill the vacum left behind by Aero Asia.

The low cost carrier had cornered the low fares market, and had established its brand in Pakistan.

Shaheen has already started in the foot steps of Aero Asia, by introducing old technology, noisy, inefficient but CHEAP aircraft to service its dedicated passengers.

I think the Shaheen will do well and fill the gap left behind by Aero Asia.
P.I.A

God's International Airline