Non-stop routes to the US

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

AP-BGL wrote:
and the worst are from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia. Extremely rude
Officials at JED and MED are very rude where as my transits in other middle eastern countries are quiet enjoyable!!
Dont scare me with all that!!!!, I am travelling to JED next month for Umrah via Dubai on Emirates (LHE-DXB-JED-DXB-LHE), hope they would be polite with me :roll:

BTW, any precautionary measures to keep them happy???
primarily, just do what they tell you. If you try and be too friends they might get suspicious etc. I didn't have too many problems when going for Umrah.
**Fly Emirates**

Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

true..i went for umra last year and had absolutely no problem in Jeddah..if they ask u any questions try not to get TOO friendly as sadiqhassan said...be polite..dont be rude or act as if ur " all-that " ..
and happy umrah-'ing' ( i know theres no such word but what the heck)
but i hate the fact that they take ur passport after u baggage claim and then have u wait for hours till they assign u a bus to take u to ur hotel..i had to wait for FOUR DAMN hours along with passengers from not only my flight but god knows how many other flights too in the parking lot whiule the arab sob's sat and took a puff...idiots..

..as far as the US is concerned..havnt been there in the last 4 years so i dont really know what its like there right now..

sAAd ... dont u have a british passport ?
sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

Charliedelta11 wrote:sAAd ... dont u have a british passport ?
yeah i do mate..
and let me tell u..
every time i go for umrah on my british passport...the attitudes of the staff is completely different, even when i travel from pakistan.

and ive been going for umrah for god knows how long, and ive never had to wait 4 hours for a bus!! :shock: okay...in hajj...yes, we did have to wait...
but not for umrah!! they take really long at immigration, but thats about it!
AP-BGL wrote:BTW, any precautionary measures to keep them happy???
exactly what sadiqhassan said...or: try travelling to MED instead fo JED first, its a lot more convenient, but dont expect to be thrilled by the airport, it isnt bigger than...
hmm....
a department store!!
sAAd!
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

Funny you should mention this, recently in the Eastern Eye newspaper there was an article that said many people travelling from Pakistan to Umrah/Hajj were very upset and broke into tears on touching down at airports in Pakistan. People are protesting and are preassuring Islamabad to lodge a complaint agains the Saudi officials against there biasm towards Pakistani passport holders.
sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

...which is why i went for hajj on my british passport...:D
went through KHI though!! 8)
sAAd!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

sAAd wrote:try travelling to MED instead fo JED first, its a lot more convenient, but dont expect to be thrilled by the airport, it isnt bigger than...
Can't change the schedule now, I've to travel to JED first from DXB. Someone was telling me that Saudi immigration officials ask you to fill number of forms and every time you fill up a form they point out your mistake and asks you to fill again :?:

Did anybody ever face this kind of situation?
Adnan
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

sAAd wrote:try travelling to MED instead fo JED first, its a lot more convenient, but dont expect to be thrilled by the airport, it isnt bigger than...
Can't change the schedule now, I've to travel to JED first from DXB. Someone was telling me that Saudi immigration officials ask you to fill number of forms and every time you fill up a form they point out your mistake and asks you to fill again :?:

Did anybody ever face this kind of situation?
Adnan