Non-stop routes to the US

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

Non-stop routes to the US

Post by smarties »

These are the routes PIA would take if they went non-stop from KHI to YYZ, ORD, IAH, LAX, JFK. IAH is actually more distance than LAX from KHI!
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

Thats only because they will be flying polar route rather then westwards. Now lets just hope PIA is allowed to start non-stop flights soon.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

We can always dream :)

Hopefully the US and Pakistan can come to some sort of security agreement sooner rather than later.
**Fly Emirates**

sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

yes...hopefully!!
sAAd!
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

My many friend captain and cockpit crew said that they do not think USA allow PIA nonstop from Pakistan to USA because of ICE and DHS big problem which ICE=Immigration Customs Enforcement and DHS=Department Homeland Security. Last month I flew to JFK and ICE DHS questioned all visitor and me. They too hard. Last week I saw TV news EU=European Union people complaint not happy with ICE DHS when ICE DHS asked EU people for email address and credit card number. EU Government sued USA ICE DHS because USA ICE DHS did not sign agreement between EU and USA immigration policy. I have seen bad service in all USA airport started 26 October 2005. I still sued ICE DHS for bad service and disability right commission of UK and EU helped me also foreign & Commonwealth office UK and DRC EU still deal with USA DHS and ICE for Improvement Service. PIA are fine nothing do wrong any problem.
Thank you
Happy smile
Love
Umar
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

yeah i hear that pakistanis are harrased at US airports even more now...they are even being rude to pakistani nationals at the airport in london as well.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I guess its just your luck. I've never been hassled by US Immigration or Customs. My last visit to IAD last year proved the same. They were courteous and polite, but then again, I flew in on BA not PIA.
Moin Abbasi
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Alright what does ICE stands for?
Adnan Anwar
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

ICE=IMMIGRATION CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT
**Fly Emirates**

AP-BGJ
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGJ »

Hi Guys

Well I think the immigration guys in US are pretty bull crap. Very rude and were trying to intimidate me. Whenn I told them that I'm a lawyer then they backed off a bit. Whereas the guys in UK I think are simply the best. and the worst are from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia. Extremely rude. Even when u say salam to them they do not answer. Sob's
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

I know people have had bad experiences just because they have middle eastern stamps in them! They are pretty bad in London now to people who have pakistani passports, but you have probably have a British passport thats why you have no problems, last time at Heathrow i saw immigration officers harrasing pakistani passengers who have green passports at departures. Now if they see a pakistani passport they ask a million questions, even when you leave the country! I agree with you, about Arab immigration they are just the worst, and unfortunately, even pakistan immigration can be added to that.
Last edited by smarties on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

This shows a direct flights to LAX and one flight going via PVG. Going via PVG adds probably an extra 5+ hours including ground time at PVG. Look what a detour it takes!

sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

i travell to LHR, JED and MED a lot from KHI...
The staff at LHR is wiked...very helpfull and very kind!
Officials at JED and MED are very rude where as my transits in other middle eastern countries are quiet enjoyable!!
And KHI staff has improved a lot too, but i still dont like the attitudes of the PIA cabin crew; apparently i was not allowed to walk about the plane during the flight because 'i was assigned a seat and had to sit on there' !!
sAAd!
SteveUK
Registered Member

Post by SteveUK »

You can be lucky or unlucky at Customs/Immigration in any country. I live in the U.K. with a British passport and I have been hassled at Heathrow Customs more than once - especially since I have Pakistani visas in my passport. Yet other times they are cool as a cucumber. French customs can also be unpleasant. Never had much problems with KHI/ISB/LHE customs though.

So far as non-stop flights to the U.S. are concerned: I thought the U.S. authorities were prepared to allow non-stop flights from Karachi? So why don't PIA utilise their 777-200 LRs and fly non-stop from KHI to JFK and ORD?
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

and the worst are from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia. Extremely rude
Officials at JED and MED are very rude where as my transits in other middle eastern countries are quiet enjoyable!!
Dont scare me with all that!!!!, I am travelling to JED next month for Umrah via Dubai on Emirates (LHE-DXB-JED-DXB-LHE), hope they would be polite with me :roll:

BTW, any precautionary measures to keep them happy???
Adnan