Your Convenience, Our Pleasure - PIA ATR ad

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Your Convenience, Our Pleasure - PIA ATR ad

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA's very first ATR-42-500 ad in today's (June 5, 2006) newspaper:
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

In urdu.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Off topic todays DAWN carries a full page Bombardier ad promoting teh Dash Q series and the CRJ family, any idea which ai rlinerlinetheymay be targetting.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

CoyBoy wrote:Off topic todays DAWN carries a full page Bombardier ad promoting teh Dash Q series and the CRJ family, any idea which ai rlinerlinetheymay be targetting.
Can be PIA again and ED as well .... because ED is aquiring some a/c'
s for sindh domestic flights .... i think its the Beech 1900 they got ..... the Dash Q is an amazing a'c....i saw it on the toronto airshow.....its so damn quiet .... honestly .... confused me at first if its a prop or jet's sound .... pretty big in size too ... the crj's PIA can get and finish up the B737 fleet ... having more frequent flights domestically and ofcourse they will be mostly loaded ....

btw ... can the CRJ 700 series fly PEW/ISB/LHE-KHI?
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

AirBlue wrote: btw ... can the CRJ 700 series fly PEW/ISB/LHE-KHI?
I'm almost certain that it can. I know AC is using the CRJ-700 to fly between YYZ and Salt Lake City.... that's almost a 4 hour flight. Although they'll be flying in hotter climates in Pakistan, I would think they can fly that route no problem. They could probably also do Pak - DXB etc.

But what are the chances or PIA acquiring these aircraft? My guess is that it would be ED rather then PIA trying to acquire Bombardier aircraft.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Exactly considering have just ordered the ATR-42 and may decide to order the ATR-72 for future growth. My target would probably be Airblue.

No other airline will even think about aquiring the Dash as they do not have the financial means nor brains to think about the future. Sorry, it had to be said...