Tender Notice: Fast Food Restaurant at Allama Iqbal Intl

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

Tender Notice: Fast Food Restaurant at Allama Iqbal Intl

Post by PK777 »

Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) invites tenders on prescribed forms for Running of Fast Food Restaurant in Concourse Hall (Int’l Arrival) at Allama Iqbal Int’l Airport (AIIAP), Lahore from registered Firms/Companies having sound relevant experience, reputation and financial background.

Source: CAA Pakistan Tender: FOR RUNNING OF FAST FOOD RESTAURANT IN CONCOURSE HALL (INT’L ARRIVAL ) AT ALLAMA IQBAL INT’L AIRPORT (AIIAP) LAHORE

For more tenders
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Perhaps I didn't understand very well but who will eat when he arrives at the airport, after a long tiring flight?
Once I get there, I found only one restaurant in the departure hall (on the first floor). I think its more important to open a fast food restaurant there.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

flyingsystem wrote:Perhaps I didn't understand very well but who will eat when he arrives at the airport, after a long tiring flight?
Once I get there, I found only one restaurant in the departure hall (on the first floor). I think its more important to open a fast food restaurant there.
Well there are people waiting outside that are collecting family members that have come from overseas. Im sure they wouldnt mind some french fries and a burger..

Or if your sick of airline food then this maybe a good alternative. what are the like of KFC or Macs being here...as they have a big outlet infront of KHI ?
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

Lahore airport needs KFC, mcdonalds, dunkin donuts in departure hall and Thomas Cook currency changer to give the airport more international loook. etc......
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Apparently its the high prices that are not encouraging shops/Duty Free/Restaurants being set up there ?
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

PK777 wrote:Well there are people waiting outside that are collecting family members that have come from overseas. Im sure they wouldnt mind some french fries and a burger..
Yes its interesting if "everybody " have access to it. But I thought that peoples waiting their family have not access to go inside the airport? :?
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

I though the Concourse Hall was where the family wait ? And the lounge was where the passengers wait to board, so isnt this fast food restaurant to be located outside where the public is ?
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

I really dont know, perhaps somebody who knows this airport better than us will help us?? :D :?:
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

lahore airport has a lousy cafe. If this fast food is for the relatives, it better sell "naan Kabaab' and other desi food. I think there should be a food court in the main waiting area for both relatives and passengers. But again on second thought, you will never get a seat there if a flight comes from Dubai and Riyadh simultaneously. At that point, there are more well wishers and relatives than passengers.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

PakN'US wrote:lahore airport has a lousy cafe. If this fast food is for the relatives, it better sell "naan Kabaab' and other desi food.
You can already get that at the restaurant on the first floor, where intl departures are !! We need Fast food restaurants like KFC, Pizza Hut or Macs etc