PIA second worst airline in 2005?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

PIA second worst airline in 2005?

Post by smarties »

according to THE 2005 Smart Travel Asia Airline Poll PIA came in the 2 worst airline.

1. Aeroflot
2. Pakistan International Airlines
3. Biman Bangladesh Airlines
4. China Airlines (Taiwan)
5. United Airlines

Taken from : http://www.smarttravelasia.com/airlinepoll.htm
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

I must say that BG is worse than PK
**Fly Emirates**

smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

sadiqhassan wrote:I must say that BG is worse than PK
Iagree. BG is probably the worst airline in the world. PK is miles ahead of that filthy airline.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yes, its a pathetic survey...

This is probably much better... www.airlinequality.com
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

where are all thses surveys coming from now all of a sudden.

PAK was ranked 2nd worsed corrupt state in 2005 by Transperncy Internationl and the other recent poll give it 8 worst country in world for Human develpment???

145/ out of 146 in corruption????

is this another jewsish conspiracy or what? :?
sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

pk has realy dun well to better its image in the last half a decade....
there service...even tho still not very good....has improved alot, n with the whole new livery n refurbishing the aircrafts....i actually feels its safe to travel in pk...lol
however....they hvnt got the friendliest n politest staff.....which may have resulted in BG being preffered over PK!
sAAd!
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Fine, but howcome United Airlines is in the list of worst airlines of the world? It surprised me alot... :roll:
Adnan
SteveUK
Registered Member

Post by SteveUK »

From my experience in business travel I can tell you that United Airlines is considered to be a s**t airline.

And if the Jewish theory/conspiracy is to be believed then I would have thought that Iran Air, Syrian, MEA etc would all have been there - rather than United!!
Gulistan
Registered Member

Post by Gulistan »

SteveUK wrote:From my experience in business travel I can tell you that United Airlines is considered to be a s**t airline.

And if the Jewish theory/conspiracy is to be believed then I would have thought that Iran Air, Syrian, MEA etc would all have been there - rather than United!!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :? :?
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

LOL! The two airlines I travel most frequently on are both included in the list (United at 112,000 miles so far in 2006 and PIA at 22,000 miles).

I think that the point these surveys make is that none of the carriers at the bottom of the list are able to provide a consistent product to any great degree. I've had great experiences on PK and UA, but also had the opposite.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

I can't even agree with Aeroflot being on the list. It's really pulled itself together in the last few years
**Fly Emirates**

SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

Read how they conducted the survey. They said that they intentionally put a good airline in there to throw people off. I bet it was PIA they put in but my mind tells me its United ;)
Just a rubbish survey. No way PIA is that low. But yes i agree with many over here, they (PIA) need to get their act together when it comes to customer service, friendliness, and service orientation in general with ANYTHING that has to do with PIA starting from the point A of buying the ticket to point Z getting your baggage and walking out the airport door.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
DSM
Registered Member

Post by DSM »

we need to STOP blaming everything that goes wrong, ever went wrong or will go wrong in the future on Jewish conspiracy, the "WEST", USA etc etc that we have been doing for the last 59 years. Its about time we accept our shortcomings and accept responsibilities. How can anyone ever lived in Pakistan deny the fact that corruption is at its peak in every single department, whether it is government or private sector. As soon you get off the plane at the airport and the moment immigration and custom officers starts to mess around with you for no apparent reason you know where you are. Same thing goes with PIA. PIA has improved with a capital I over the years but still there is much room for improvement and I think it is behind other major airlines such as Emirates, British Airways and Singapore airlines is because of the same cultural issues. There is not a clear concept of providing "customer service" when it comes to PIA. They think to increase profits you need to raise fares instead of attracting new customers through quality service and retain the ones who ever had the courage to give them a fair shot.

Sorry for the long message, I just get so ticked off whenever I see someone from Pakistan making this comment "oh this must be Jewish/American/British conspiracy, we are just fine....nothing wrong with us".
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

The following list of airlines should be on the list based on my personal experiences.

All American airlines deserve to be on the list with the exception of Jet Blue.

I would never recommend PIA to anyone because of their poor ground facilities, harrassment of elderly passengers and those with small children and poor aircraft maintenance (only too frequently I know specific cases where the journey has taken 2-3 days).

Air India - it was like taking a step back into the '60's although as with PIA I have no complaints about the cabin crew.

Aeroflot - OK my experience was on a domestic flight in the 90's but the seat belts did not work, seat was permanently reclined, had to carry my suitcase on board, seat numbers on boarding passes were irrelevant and piece of round cake could have doubled up as a cricket ball.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I've flown China Airlines a number of times to LAX and its really not a bad airline. This survey is a load of poppycock. If you read the airline reviews at Skytrax, its clear as day that BG and even AI have alot worse reviews than PIA does. Even EY hasn't been the recipient of glowing reviews either.
Moin Abbasi