Bypassing of queues banned at airports!

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

Bypassing of queues banned at airports!

Post by PK777 »

Bypassing of queues banned at airports

LAHORE: Airport authorities across the country have banned the bypassing of queues on the orders of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz.

Immigrations Deputy Director Mushtaq Sukhaira told Daily Times on Saturday that passengers bypassing queues to get to passport counters were now being stopped. “The situation is especially problematic at the Islamabad International Airport because of frequent VIP movement and a lack of counters,” he said.

He said that the prime minister had ordered the ban in response to growing complaints by passengers of dignitaries being entertained out of turn at the Islamabad airport.

However, a few people in Lahore had also used fast track counters and those reserved for senior citizens, he said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 006_pg13_5
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

as if thats gonna help. some one wil always find some one who will be able to help them out, either by friends or by giving or taking a few rupees here or there. sad but true fact in Pakistan unfortunatelly. I still remeber it very vividlly, I was travelling home to ISB and it was pre direct EK flights to ISB and had to go through KHI. We were all standing in line at the immigration counters and all of a sudden we heard some commotion upfront at the line, some one had supposedly passed the line, and the guy who was standing behind me said, "welcome to Pakistan, how will you know you are in Pakistan unless you see this happening".
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

atmalik wrote: the guy who was standing behind me said, "welcome to Pakistan, how will you know you are in Pakistan unless you see this happening".
You know I have heard this too many times too...Some guy from behind you shouts to the front saying "Ah, how are you _____ bhai" and there he goes to the front of everyone without a second thought.

Another time, I saw a guy paying one of those airport staff a few Rs. 100 just to get to the front of the line.. :roll:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Stern checking of passengers of international flights decided

KARACHI: Strict checking of passengers before departures for international flights at screening points at international airports would be carried out by Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) from June 1, 2006. A spokesman of CAA on Wednesday said as per direction of Government of Pakistan stern checking would be carried out before departure of international flights at the prescribed screening points at the airports. The CAA has advised all the passengers to follow the directions given on the notice boards and to cooperate with the staff on duty.

Source: The News
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I believe steps like strict screening of passengers and stopping them from bypassing queues are taken to enable PIA start its non-stop flights to USA.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

I would agree with you Abbas. But Im worried that stern checking will mean undue hardships for people travelling abroad. We still need to learn to make the distinction between checking and harassing people. But best of luck to all involved.