Induction of ATR in PIA Fleet

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
mohammad abdulaziz
Registered Member

Induction of ATR in PIA Fleet

Post by mohammad abdulaziz »

Yesterday, ARY reported that Three (3) ATRs to be inducted in PIA fleet on June 3 and Two (2) more in September 2006. Is this the case?
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I know that the first one is comming tommorow.

They were suppose to deliver one every two months.

So how many captains and first officers have been trained on the ATRs so far, that should give us a clue of how many are comming in early June.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

I do not see any arriving this month.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

cheetah wrote:I do not see any arriving this month.
Reason ??
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

No reason.. i just took a look in the internal Flight ops system. It would normally have all delivery flights listed.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Ok thanks... Well i hope we expect recieve them soon..
Simulator Fan
Registered Member

Post by Simulator Fan »

One forum is not not enough, you should ckeck others to for update. First batch of Pakistani Pilots Captains and First Officers are already trained by ATR in Toulouse, first aircraft is coming on 1st, it will land in Islamabad and will fly to Karachi next day.

http://www.pakistaniaviation.com/pia/AT ... 2006-1.jpg

http://www.pakistaniaviation.com/pia/AT ... 2006-2.jpg
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

look forward to seeing the aircraft.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

all i know is that 28 f/o's from the 310 are to be sent on the ATR for training between May06 and march07...
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Charliedelta11 wrote:all i know is that 28 f/o's from the 310 are to be sent on the ATR for training between May06 and march07...
isnt that considered to be a demotion for those f/os? as with the a 310s they can earn more money by longer flights where as the ATRs are restricted to short haul domestic hops.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

Its true that A310 FOs did not look forward to moving to the F27, but this is normally mostly the case of older pilots namely ex-air force who have a short career and may never make it to the big machines. For the younger ones.. its the opportunity they have been waiting all their lives. To be called a Captain!
R.F.
Registered Member

Post by R.F. »

Every professional has a ultimate goal, for a career oriented airline pilot is his left seat or what we refer to as 'Captain' or 'Commander'. Rest is all bonus, such as Instructor or Management position. Money is never enough, however at the end of the day when one calculates it's all evened out give or take a couple of thousand at the most.

Ex PAF pilots cannot be blamed, since they've had thier career's good or bad that's immaterial, this is bonus time for them and they make sure that every drop is squeezed out even if that means a sacrificing a promotion, comming up with lame and pathetic excuses just to earn a few hundred US $ more. Seen it happen over and over again to some our so called aces.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Could be the delay in delivery is due to the livery being modified to include large titles.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

behramjee...
ofcourse not..yes..it is a big jump from PIA's mainstay international aircraft to a domestic city hopper but in PIA you start command from turbo props and then work ur way up....
cheetah and RF are right...
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

What I know from Air France, for example, is that, in a "normal" career, a pilot begins his career on small plane as copi, and step by step go to bigger planes. And then he restart the same thing (small plane to big plane) but in the left seat.

But it is not a "rule", it happens that sometimes, a copi stays on the bigger plane, and wait until he become directly captain on this bigger plane.

If we talk about money, normally, a captain earns more money than a copi, even if he is on a smaller plane.