Airblue to introduce Karachi-Gwadar service from May 22

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

ammad wrote:I didnt find Gawadar Flight listed on airblue site yet? any one idea what is new date for Gawadar flight ?

Gawadar has not started but i think Pasni or some other place has. A pvt. carrier is using ED's name and flying these planes to these destinations. Right now they just have one plane and there are a couple more joining pretty soon.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

65 pilots for five aircraft is a damn good ratio.

What are each of the pilots averaging every month, around 60 hours??
P.I.A

God's International Airline
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

What are each of the pilots averaging every month, around 60 hours??
Not sure about the average but i do know 5 pilots personally who are doing upto 100 hours a month (and that is only the ones i know, im sure others are some what close to that too). Sometimes they are flying double sectors. Last i remember, my dad flew 602/03 and then 404/05. ED is desperatly looking for more crew now especially because they are adding more a/c's in the coming years and destinations too. The problem is, that they are not inducting anyone without an ATPL/ALTP licence and those who have them need to have flown 737/320 or atleast some kind of jet (incl. RJ's and Lear's etc.)