PIA Economy Passengers Storm First Class

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK773ER
Registered Member

PIA Economy Passengers Storm First Class

Post by PK773ER »

Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

The aircraft was a 747. Would it be safe to say that it was flying onwards to Houston?

My mother is arriving on 795 into ORD today. Thank god it's not her plane.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

14 held in passenger plane mutiny

6 May 2006

Angry economy passengers stormed first class on an international flight in a mid-air upgrading mutiny.

The pilot of the packed Pakistan International Airlines jet radioed ahead, and 14 people were arrested on suspicion of endangering the aircraft after landing at Manchester Airport.

Cabin crew lost control after the flight was delayed for four hours in searing heat on the tarmac at Islamabad airport in Pakistan.

With economy packed, a number of passengers decided to upgrade themselves to the empty luxury section at the front of the Boeing 747.

It is believed the crew asked them to move but they refused, so police were called in as the plane landed in the UK.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "Police at Manchester Airport were alerted to a problem on an incoming PIA flight from Pakistan.

"Several passengers were reported to be trying to enter the first class area of the plane.

"When the plane landed, 14 of the passengers were arrested on suspicion of endangering an aircraft in flight.

"They have all been bailed until the end of June, pending further inquiries."

A spokesman for the airline refused to comment. A duty manager at Manchester Airport confirmed there had been an incident but had no further details.

Source: This is London
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

AP-BGG PK701 to MAN from ISB
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
SENIOR
Registered Member

Post by SENIOR »

captain saeed khan was operating pk701/04may06 isb-man ap-bgg b743.
std - 0930lt isb and arrival sta - 1400lt man
initially the flight was held due to a vvip movement for 01hr15mins
during this time the surface temp had risen high enough causing a payload ristriction during take-off and all cargo had to be off/ldd as well as de-fuelling of the aircraft. pax onboard c-15/p-60/y-328.
this further delayed the aircraft 01hr40mins.
the aircraft was ready for departure when capt informed that both vsi - vertical speed indicators became 'blank' this further delayed the aircraft a further 40mins and after a total 04hrs delay the aircraft finally departed.
I can't confirm whether the pax remained onboard or whether they were off/ldd during this delay but there was obviously some resentment from some of the pax who couldn't restrain themselves under the circumstances and decided to make a run for business class.
the temperature at isb was 40c and i guess even higher in the cabin :x
"open your eyes and you shall see"
- quote from prof bunsen
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Thank you SENIOR for sharing info. Capt. Saeed Khan is the same pilot who was in command of PIA Boeing 720B (registration AP-AZP) when it was hijacked in 1981.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

VSI Became Blank ? I assume GG has digital VSI that is linked to the TCAS, i doubt the passengers were offloaded as the fault wasnt one that required overnight repair, the cabin must have been boiling - i remember sitting in a Saudi 741 during a problem - even the capt was flapping peices of paper to keep cool - as for storming the business - thats out of order they have not paid for it.
Iqbal Malik
Aphelion
Registered Member

Post by Aphelion »

Does anyone know what the VVIP movement was? I mean did this person board the MAN flight and kept it waiting for over an hour or Did this person with an over inflated ego board another flight and all other flights were delayed because of it.

If it was the latter then I wonder what would happen if these VVIP movements clashed with timings of other foreign airlines like BA or Emirates. I doubt these airlines would simply sit back and let some VVIP delay their flights by over an hour.

If, however, this VVIP did board the MAN flight then I can understand some passengers going into Business class to let this person know their feelings. These passengers may have paid for Economy class; the chances are the VVIP didn't pay anything at all for his or her travel.
SENIOR
Registered Member

Post by SENIOR »

the vvip movement was another aircraft and and not involved with pk701.
head office has asked that the full difference of fare between yand c be charged from all those involved in the protest.
"open your eyes and you shall see"
- quote from prof bunsen
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

very good - they should pay the difference for a service they recieved and did not pay for.
Iqbal Malik
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

PIA should have taken the passengers out of the plane at ISB. I mean i think they kept the passengers in temperatures of over 40 degrees for over 4 hours!

I remember in the summer of 2002 i was going to KHI, and there was an oil leak and they kept us in the plane for 2 hours while fixing the problem and it was extremely hot, and people were literally dripping with sweat as the AC was switched off due to the work. Thank god i was in business class and they opened the door infront of me which i requsted. I remember there was pandemonium in economy as it was packed. Ironically, the capt was Saeed Khan! PIA need to disembark pax if there is going to be a delay for more than an hour.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

^ Very true smartries. I have been in a similiar conditions at LHE in 2003 at midday. The temp can get to your head...
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

What difference would it have made by going into C class? It was probably as hot there as it was in Y and judging by the number of pax who made a dash for it, it would have been as hot and stuffy up front as it would have in the back end.

Stupid thing to do, but then again, nothing is surprising here anymore :roll:
Moin Abbasi
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Moin wrote:What difference would it have made by going into C class? It was probably as hot there as it was in Y and judging by the number of pax who made a dash for it, it would have been as hot and stuffy up front as it would have in the back end.

Stupid thing to do, but then again, nothing is surprising here anymore :roll:
Well in those conditions, the body releases heat as well, so you can imagine over 300 people in such a confined space releasing heat would significantly add to the souring temperatures. Obviously, by going into Business class, where it is less congested would not be as hot as economy, BTW it was only 14 passengers who made a "dash for it."
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

It was the second time in a week that police had been called to a Pakistan International Airlines flight at Manchester Airport.

Earlier they were called to a Karachi-bound jet after passengers caused a disturbance while waiting on board during a long delay, but no arrests were made.

full article at: http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/displa ... flight.php