Trip Report PK 7212 LHE-JFK Loooooooong One!

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pk757
Registered Member

Trip Report PK 7212 LHE-JFK Loooooooong One!

Post by pk757 »

Hey guys i just returned this monday from the U.S and i thought id submit a report

I HAVE SENT ALL THE PICTURES TO SHABAZ HASHMI AND HE WILL SHORTLY UPLOAD THEM.

FLIGHT ; PK 7212
SECTOR; LAHORE-NEWYORK
AIRCRAFT; BOEING 777 LR AP-BGY
DEP TIME FROM LAHORE ;1300 HRS
Flight time Lahore Manchester-7.3 hours
Manchester-new York- 6 hrs

Usual busy wednesday morning with two A 310S, A 777 and an SV742
CHECKIN WAS A BREEZE ALTHOUGH ON AN ID90 STAFF/FAMILY TICKET one is treated as a sheep i.e. wait till the counters say flight closed and only then u are acommodated. Well i gave my tickets at the business plus counter and i saw tha tthe ground staff were exceptionally polite and curteous which is highly unusual ,a positive change i thought. Assigned seats 3 J, 4 J , 4 L the mid and second last righthand seat sets on the starboard side . I was expecting AP-BGJ , AN ER, but this was a pleasent surprise , i was cleared from immigration counters and then entered into the lounge which wa s choka bloc full as there were three INTL departures around 1200 pm , we were given passaes to the busiuness plus loung e in the upper story of the building they have really spruced p things there, now it kind of give soff a SERENA look a big achievement ! not very full it wa salso being use dby saudi airlines business class passengers. We had checked in earlier so i decided to go down an take a closer look at the LR and so i sneaked out and took a fe wpics near the boarding bridge , it was beautiful, shining immaculately in the lahore noon sun the GE 90s were on windmill ( fans moving at a slow constant pace) next to it wa sdocked 310 AP-BEQ OFF TO GLASGOW. then at around 12 15 our flight crew came into the lounge , a mix of seniors and freshees all good looking and well groomed , one of the hostesses i had flown with before as well . then cam ein Captain Naveed Aziz along wiht a first officer from lahore base they all heade dstraight towards gate 22 where golf yankee stood,
Boarding announced and when most of the economy an d eco plus wa sboarded then they invited business class boarding, we headed towards gate 22 and entered the ramp that decends towards the jetty it was not crowded for a change as mos tpax were onboard already , well the usual vaccum cleaner sound could be heard and the addictive PIA aroma hit my nose . We boarded thru L2 where the same hostess stood that was in Saad Asad's group picture who wa slooking towards left she guided us to the fronT ( as if i didnt know where business was lol) HMM UPON ENTERING THE BUSINES SCLASS I DIDNT REALLY SEE ANY DIFFERENCES B/W er and lr NOTHING AT ALL! ALTHOUGH ECONOMY AND ECONOMY PLUS HAVE ADIVIDER AND TH ECONOMY P-LUS HAS 3 INCHES MORE LEGROOM . Any way i bumpe dinto th esam e hostess that served us last trip Miss.kishwar very pretty and extremely professional she recognized and showed us the seats. the cabin was roomy but i seriously think PIA shuopld reconsdier squeezing 4 rows instead of 5 cuz the seat pitch is not enough as the cocoon seats have excessively thick and long armrests leaving little width for seatin cushions which is a bit annoying on long journeys, THE TV screens were being programmed by the senior purser and the boarding music was turned on.
a bit loud for most ppl's liking lol. boarding concluded , we were offered towels, nuts and beverages before take off.
we pushed back and a short taxi tuwards the runway , the announcments had no grammatical errors thankgod , then a demo was being shown halfway and we started takeoff roll , the lr makes absolutely no sound whatsoever as in while turning there was no clunking or rubbing noise, the take off was effortless and powerful , love the twirling whine of the GE 90s lift off gave a lot of G force .. a quick climb out then the seat blets signs wer eswitche doff and th ecrew started handing out Amenity kits, Head phones, and souvenir passport holders. Followed by lunch service which was extensive
IT WA SAS FOLLOWS
1.FRESH GARDEN SALAD OR WALDROF SALAD
2,CREAM SOUP
3. VARIETY OF BREADS

FOLLOWED BY

1. CHICKEN GINGER
2. SAFFARON RICE
3. FISH FINGERS
4. BEEF KEBABS
5. MUTTON HANDI
6. SAUTED VEGGIES
7. CUTLETS
8. SUPEREME OF CHICKN

Generous helping were offered
DESSERT
1.CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE
2. PUDDING

FURTHER ACCOMPLEMENTS
TEA COFFEE, GREEN TEA,
CHEESE CRACKERS, CUT FRUIT
FINALLY MINT CHOCOLATE BARS.

BEVERAGES WERE OFFERED TIME TO TIME

Lunch was concluded a good two ours into the flight

Lights dimmed mand the mood lighting was turned on along with the starry night effect which was cool and soothing

IFE was made available quite late I really didn’t want to see any movies so I chose to watch American sitcoms which could b eselected via the AVOD SYSTEM
AUDIO WA STHE USUAL , SINCE I WAS DISCOVERING THE CHANGES THEY HAD MADE, I TUNE DINTO THE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC CHANNEL WHICH HAD NEW TUNES OF SITAR AND KEYBOARD W ORKS

Our route took us over Afghanistan, Iran. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Russia, turkey ,into eastern Europe at flight level of 10,700 meters and a cruising speed of 880 kmph the flight itself was un eventful but pleasent as the flight crew were professional and efficient.
Lavs were surprisingly neat clean an unclogged, well stocked with lotions, colognes. Liquid soap and this time there were little perfume bottles placed in the lavs for people to use .
I asked the senior purser if he could ask the captain to let me in bu the was grumpy old babajee who didn’t convey the message and also was stingy about takin pics onboard whatever I took I had to hide and snap , the gurls were smart and young all new crew.
I explore dth Elr AND ASKED A STEWARD IF I COULD SEE The CREW BUNKS AND HE opened the hatch towards the flight deck crew bunk which was claustrophobic but served the purpose of resting
I came down to check the IFE control panel which was near R1 door it hada screen and a keyboard along with cd treys which were all loaded and locked and the play button was pressed , the status was showing that all IFE systems were not working correctly and about 7 calls were left un attended one from the rear lavatory due to which a crew member got scolded by the sp lol! .
Somewhere eover german airspace the mood lighting was hit off and normal lights came on with a chime , perfumed towels and water distributed, followed by snack service that consisted of
1. mini sandwiches of tuna, chicken, cheese and sour cream
2. spring rolls
dessert had no choice
APPLE PIE with cinnamon topping

Tea and coffee were bought out later

DESCEND INTO MANCHESTER COMMENCED AS SOON AS THE SNACKS WERE WINDED UP
MANCHESTER HAD THUNDER CLOUDS SO THE DESCENT WAS VERY BUMPY and shaky strong cross winds made the plane tilt a bit, the wing tips were flexibly stretched to the limit! The twirling sound of the engines and the screeching of flaps and struts was audible finally onto the ground at Manchester was a hard landing with a thud on Manchester followed by full reverse thrust and flight spoilers although the runway was wet!!!!
LANDING ANNOUNCMENT MADE ACCORDING TO which the time an temp were 4.30 pm and 11 celcius
Lights were turned on and sitar sounds replayed as we taxied toward gate 206 neighbouring was a 747-300 AP –BFU which was almost ready fo r flight back to Lahore as PK 710.

So this was the firs tpart of the trip report, I know its long, im tired of typing now will try to submit a summarized account from the next leg of my journey.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Nice to know you had a nice flight with PIA. The 777s are amazing aircrafts. I agree their take-offs are effortless. Their engines have a distinctive hum on take-off. On the 74M's it feels like the engine are about to explode on take-off!!!
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

a very nice report ... moiz you didnt bring the menu did you :P
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

haha thanx airblue, no i didnt bring it home, it unintentionally fell into my hand carry! lol
anyways u can now t c the pics at

http://www.globalpia.net/777LR_Moiz.asp

i shall shar e the next leg report hen i go ta chance of going into the flight deck and chattin with mr.Basharat Choudry ( our captain)
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

What is this twirling whine you speak of...? Can you produce a sample?
The food menu sounds great. They should really do a campaign around the idea that such a variety of food is served.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Nice report. When I flew the 777 this past winter, the take off was really smooth, I practically couldn't feel it.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

nice report..hope to see the second leg of ur report soon..yea..capt basharat is a brilliant person..met him a couple of times too...
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

You want to know what a 'twirling whine' sounds like??????? :roll:
Moin Abbasi