Emirates to launch e-ticketing in Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Emirates to launch e-ticketing in Pakistan

Post by Abbas Ali »

KARACHI: Emirates, the Dubai-based airline has chosen Galileo’s distribution system and American Express as the launch agencies for the issuance of e-tickets in Pakistan.

E-tickets, virtual version of traditional paper flight tickets, benefit passengers in important ways. They need not worry about missing a flight because of forgotten or misplaced tickets as passenger details are safely stored in Emirates’ computer reservation system.

Commenting on this initiative, Emirates Vice President Pakistan, Adnan Kazim said: “This technological breakthrough will result in added convenience for travel agencies who are freed from physical ticket stock shortage issues. For passengers too, it is very convenient as they do not have to worry about handling various flight coupons.”

Source: The News (April 14, 2006)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

I MUCH prefer paper tickets :(
**Fly Emirates**

Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

I wonder if the e-ticketing includes being able to print your boarding pass at home.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

Nasir wrote:I wonder if the e-ticketing includes being able to print your boarding pass at home.
I think that's online check-in EK has started it in Dubai, with alot of bugs but it should be possible in places like Karachi sooner or later

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

Has EK installed that huge A380 model in Karachi again or not?
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Lets hope the airport staff get used to the e-ticket system because on my last visit they were just confused from the usual paper tickets..

Emirates is already using e-tickets but only if you book from outside pak, the airport staff still have not much idea on what they are :roll: