Amsterdam to Lahore

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Suleman
Registered Member

Amsterdam to Lahore

Post by Suleman »

Dear friends,

I am planning to travel in summer to pakistan. But PIA is charging very high. Ticket from amsterdam to lahore is 1010 euro. All other arab airlines are 200 euro cheaper.

Why is paying charging soo high for the Ticket. I don't understand them!!!!

Please suggestionsss

:(
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Re: Amsterdam to Lahore

Post by sadiqhassan »

Suleman wrote:Dear friends,

I am planning to travel in summer to pakistan. But PIA is charging very high. Ticket from amsterdam to lahore is 1010 euro. All other arab airlines are 200 euro cheaper.

Why is paying charging soo high for the Ticket. I don't understand them!!!!

Please suggestionsss

:(
I think it is because PIA operates a direct service so it can charge higher fares
Last edited by sadiqhassan on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Fly Emirates**

behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

PIA is charging higher fare JUST FOR THE CONVENIENCE...this is their same strategy out of OSLO and CPH which has benefitted them immensely.

Out of YYZ today, they have announced an additional increase of $ 100 for their return YYZ-PAK-YYZ fares.

In doing so out of YYZ, they are now $ 230 more expensive than GF and EY to KHI, $ 260 more than GF to ISB/PEW and $ 210 more than GF/EY to LHE.

If you have a family of 4 i.e. 2 adults + 2 kids you nearly end up paying $ 1000 more approximately just to fly PIA nonstop :roll: :shock:
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Post by SaadSaeed »

Summer is peak season. U should go now, rates are a lot cheaper.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Hi suleman,

There is a new link from brussels to karachi, lahore, islamabad and peshawar, with a stop in Abu dhabi with the new airline ETIHAD airways.
I heard that the fares are correct, so here is the address and phone number (I checked on the website for the price but there is problem on it):

Brussels, Belgium
Etihad Airways,
Parklane, Culliganlaan 2D,
1831 Diegem.
Tel: +32 2 714 58 30
Fax: +32 2 721 49 83

Office: +32 2 714 58 30 Business Hours : 9am-5.30pm (Mon-Fri)
ibm4776
Registered Member

Post by ibm4776 »

I think Khan Travels in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Brussels will charge less.

Khan Travels
Albert Cuypstraat 44
1072 CV - Amsterdam
Tel: 020-6751887
020-6751612

Khan Travels
Beukelsdijk 175-A
3022 DG - Rotterdam
Tel: 010-4773020
010-4773040

Khan Travels
17 Mont Des Arts
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Ph: 02 5115777

I returned from Pakistan in March and I bought my ticket from Khan Travels in Rotterdam.
CPH
Registered Member

Post by CPH »

behramjee wrote:PIA is charging higher fare JUST FOR THE CONVENIENCE...this is their same strategy out of OSLO and CPH which has benefitted them immensely
You are so right Behramjee. I was deeply hoping that Emirates will give PIA so much competition that PIA will shake in their boots. But onfurturnatly Emirates are not comming to CPH anyway.

They are also a lot of 'Uncles and Antys' that are saying 'PIA apna airline hay' So they want's to travel with them anyway. But the keep forgetting that 'Apna airline' charge 100-200 $ higher price then other airlines, and their service is rude!!!!
Regards

G. Elahi
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

Another option is to buy 2 separate tickets

Ticket #1

London - Muscat - Karachi - Muscat - London on Gulf Air

€625.19

Ticket #2

Amsterdam-London-Amsterdam on British Airways or KLM

€100.00-150.00 or so

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

Jacobin777
Registered Member

Post by Jacobin777 »

CPH wrote:
behramjee wrote:PIA is charging higher fare JUST FOR THE CONVENIENCE...this is their same strategy out of OSLO and CPH which has benefitted them immensely
You are so right Behramjee. I was deeply hoping that Emirates will give PIA so much competition that PIA will shake in their boots. But onfurturnatly Emirates are not comming to CPH anyway.

They are also a lot of 'Uncles and Antys' that are saying 'PIA apna airline hay' So they want's to travel with them anyway. But the keep forgetting that 'Apna airline' charge 100-200 $ higher price then other airlines, and their service is rude!!!!
historically, direct flights are usually more expensive then connecting flights......thus PK charing more....