PK7272 April 11, KHI-JFK cancelled

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Junaid
Registered Member

PK7272 April 11, KHI-JFK cancelled

Post by Junaid »

The flight has been cancelled and the load has been trasferred to PK7212.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Another victim flight of Pilot Shortage war!
Adnan
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

If the US gives problems on direct routes...i think PIA should just use the LRs on the YYZ route and start a PAK-SIN-SYD-HKK-PAK flight on day of the week and a PAK-HKK-MEL-SIN-PAK flight another day. I think there will be enough load to carry on these in the up coming peak season....then use the -200ERs for now and the -300ERs on the US routes.....*comments?*
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Yes, PIA should strongly look for Australia flights as we can see quite heavy load on Thai flights for Australia.

My friend travelled on TG two months back or so and he said whole of the aircraft was full upto the neck with most of them going to SYD.
Adnan
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

Even PK7272 of 18th April is cancelled. :?: :evil:
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Looks like the pilot issues will not be solved in near future. If they cannot operate all north american flights as scheduled, PIA should reduce the number of flights in its shedule instead of cancelling them every week.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Yes, PIA should strongly look for Australia flights as we can see quite heavy load on Thai flights for Australia.

My friend travelled on TG two months back or so and he said whole of the aircraft was full upto the neck with most of them going to SYD.
There is no need to fly the B 772LR via BKK to SYD.

What instead can be done is have a 3 weekly same plane service LHR-KHI-SYD enabling PIA to pick up the larger of pax flying the Kangaroo route and at the same time offering a convenient ONE PLANE ONE STOP SERVICE at a reasonable price. With a 3 weekly service this would entail one B 772LR being dedicated totally for this flight.

If u want PIA to fly to SYD via BKK then the B 772ER is best suited for that flight and not the LR.

Anyways there is too competition from PAK to SYD for PIA to effectively compete with i.e. EK, GF, SQ, MH, TG and CX who offer much greater weekly frequencies.
Last edited by behramjee on Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

behramjee wrote:There is no need to fly the B 772LR via BKK to SYD.

What instead can be done is have a 3 weekly same plane service LHR-KHI-SYD.

If u want PIA to fly to SYD via BKK then the B 772ER is best suited for that flight and not the LR.

Anyways there is too competition from PAK to SYD for PIA to effectively compete with i.e. EK, GF, SQ, MH, TG and CX who offer much greater weekly frequencies.
Excellent point :idea:
**Fly Emirates**

AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Yes sure competetion is there but starting a non-stop flight to SYD will surely give benefit to PIA considering so many negetive points of flights with a stop like baggage lost, immegration etc.
Adnan
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

if pilots and cabin crew dont want to fly nonstop to JFK then what makes ppl think that they will want to fly nonstop to SYD from KHI?
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Talking about when all these pilot and other issues be resolved, who will not then want to fly to its destination in minimum time... :roll:
Adnan
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

KHI-SYD would be 12h30 and SYD-KHI would be 13h45. SYD is nearer to KHI than NYC.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

smarties wrote:KHI-SYD would be 12h30 and SYD-KHI would be 13h45. SYD is nearer to KHI than NYC.
Why is the return journey taking more time to complete?
Adnan
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

AP-BGL wrote:

Due to strong head winds. East-west flights are always longer than west-east flights. West-east flights are faster due to tail wind.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Due to strong head winds. East-west flights are always longer than west-east flights. West-east flights are faster due to tail wind.
Thanks smarties, a new information for me.
Adnan