Why the grumpiness?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Why the grumpiness?

Post by SaadSaeed »

Just exactly what is wrong with the booking staff at PIA? Why are they always steaming with rudeness when you call them? Why cant they answer the phone in a polite way? Why arent they given customer service training? Why arent they monitored for what they do at the job? Why dont they live up to "great people to fly with". Why should we go "fly with them"? Why do they assume that everyone who calls them is totally stupid and doesnt know anything? Whatever happened to customer is always right? Why do they act like grunts? For once why cant they answer the phone properly.

The above originates as a result of calling PIA center at AMS to inquire about seat information and a mentally challenged baboon at the other end interrupts and responds in a very rude voice Why dont u ask your agent!? Please dont inquire about bla bla bla....
The tickets were purchased by our employer directly from PIA. The HR lady who does the bookings almost cried as she gave up and said we are never doing bussines with PIA again. Please call them yourself if you need further information and hence the above happened to us.

Why do they push ticketing to agents?

Why are we flying with them again?

Why why why?

We arent in Pakistan yet, but we can feeeeeeeeeel the crankiness 3000km away.
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

i remember calling the call centre a couple of months back and i actually found the opposite to you. I found them exceptionally helpful and polite, and i was pleasantly surprised! They even have a toll free number in many countries.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Max
Registered Member

Post by Max »

I called last week to re-confirm and the response was good. There was lot of background noise of other agents. Other then this, the experience was good even thought call lasted about 7 mins to take all security info.
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Few days ago I called the PIA toll free number in USA to reconfirm my ticket. Staff was very polite and professional and it seemed that thay are trained in customer serivce.
sahmad
Registered Member

Post by sahmad »

Hi Saadu,

I can understand your fustration. I have been there myself. You just need to understand one thing.. The people at the PIA Call Center are not informed on what to do. The problem start with the top managers not knowing how to manage the employees. Also PIA employees are very old veteran workers who have been working at PIA for years and they do not care for customer service. I recommend next time you book with PIA go through a reputable agent they can book everything for you including your seat.

PS. You get service for what you pay for and PIA tickets are cheap compared to other arirlines.
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

whenever I fly buisnessplus+ the PIA call centre call me a day before i fly to remind me that im flying !
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

With the exception of one bad experience where a Call Center staffer actually swore at me, Ihave always found them to be extremely polite. It's nice that they are polite but they are generally incopetent IMO.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

iqbal wrote:whenever I fly buisnessplus+ the PIA call centre call me a day before i fly to remind me that im flying !
Same, they always are polite with me hear in NY.