PIA to hire Japanese cabin crew

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Junaid
Registered Member

PIA to hire Japanese cabin crew

Post by Junaid »

Just read in today's Jang that PIA will be hiring Japanese female cabin crew. Also there was another half page ad of 7 non-stop flights between Pakistan and North America (USA & Canada).
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Wouldn't there be a language problem then? As most of Pakistanis dont know english, and aren't there any Pakistani cabin crew available to hire?
Adnan
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

Maybe for future NRT-LAX flights?
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

I remember PIA having a Japanese flight attendant about 7/8 years back when i was going to karachi, which i was quite surprised about.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

Newspaper also stated that successful candidates will be trained in Pakistan and will take Urdu and English language courses to overcome the language barriers.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

A Japanese flight attendant of PIA in early 1980s
Capt. Johnny Sadiq with his wife Etsuko and a Japanese Air Hostess of PIA - Photo Copyright Capt. Johnny Sadiq
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

smarties wrote:I remember PIA having a Japanese flight attendant about 7/8 years back when i was going to karachi, which i was quite surprised about.
I guess i had seen that lady when i was flying ISB-PEK-NRT ... not sure what route she was on with us ...

there are many well qualified pakistani's i think who can speak in other languages ... maybe the airline doesnt need to go and hire other nationals...rather they can have thier own working and speaking other languages :)
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

PIA have lots of Pakistani born Chinese crew who often have Pakistani names as they are married to local guys.
The airline ought to induct Western ladies like the Middle East airlines.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

PIA does not need any Western cabin crew. PIA can find plenty of qualified male and female candidates in Pakistan.
I think most middle eastern airlines cannot find enough qualified local candidates to fill all the cabin crew positions.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

No Junaid, basically the Arabs don't want their women working in such a job and feel overconfidence in Arab woman is not a good thing therefore they hire White Western ladies.

This came direct from Gulf Air by the way.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I love that cabin color scheme. That picture of the Badshahi Mosque on the nose panel looks beautiful.
Moin Abbasi