Airlines currently recruiting in Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
cabair351
Registered Member

Airlines currently recruiting in Pakistan

Post by cabair351 »

Sallamu Alaikum,
i am a student pilot in the latter stages of my training at Cabair College of Air Training in the UK. Once my training finishes i will hold an ATPL with CPL/IR rating including MCC (Multi-Crew Certification).

I hold dual British and Pakistani nationality. Even though i was born and brought up in Britain it has always been my aim to work and live in a Muslim country like Pakistan once my training finishes. My question is therefore related to the requirements that Pakistani airlines like PIA / Aero Asia etc have of pilots applying to them. Can anyone point me in the right direction concerning opportunities for new pilots in Pakistan.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Imran Saleem
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

U should approach these new airlines starting up in PAK such as Pearl Air or Deewan Group airlines etc.

Max u would get paid with your experience is RS 60,000 a month which means 600 pounds a month where as if you were in UK it would be GBP 3000-3500 a month starting salary with a low cost airline!!!

I understand that u want to live and work in a muslim country i.e. PAK but there are more pilot opportunities for you to explore in UK than there are in PAK due to the much bigger size of the aviation mkt in UK.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

behramjee wrote:U should approach these new airlines starting up in PAK such as Pearl Air or Deewan Group airlines etc.
* Pearl air is looking for only type rated pilots on A320/321.
http://www.pearlair.com.pk/jobs.php#cc
*cabair351 you can check on aeroasia, it is looking for pilots, no other precisions.
http://www.aeroasia.com/careers.php?PHP ... 29fa4f8bf2
*Pia only hire pilots with pakistani license, you can convert it, but u have to come there (but arnt hiring for the moment: u have to check regularly on the site www.piac.com.pk ).
*Airblue is also hiring but they need 1500h for First Officer.
http://www.airblue.com/Jobs/#2

Thats all I think, and I hope this info will help u.

What about "Deewan Group airlines" Behramjee? When it will start? Never heard about it...
cabair351
Registered Member

Post by cabair351 »

thanks for all the guys.

Can anyone provide me with some information on how i can convert my licence to the Pakistan one?
umar.islam
Registered Member

Post by umar.islam »

cabair351 wrote:thanks for all the guys.

Can anyone provide me with some information on how i can convert my licence to the Pakistan one?
First you get your medical certificate, then a security clearance from the concerned body in Pakistan, after that, take two exams for CPL, one for IR, and then a Flight Check for each the CPL and IR.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

What sort of exams are they?

thanks.
umar.islam
Registered Member

Post by umar.islam »

Comical at times
Last edited by umar.islam on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

Does the "special exam" involve the exchange of some "special" paper??

Also, what's the topic of the exams, how many questions is it usually, and how long do u have??

....finally, what's the difficulty of the exams and pass mark??

umar.islam
Registered Member

Post by umar.islam »

Adnaan786 wrote:Does the "special exam" involve the exchange of some "special" paper??
Also, what's the topic of the exams, how many questions is it usually, and how long do u have??
....finally, what's the difficulty of the exams and pass mark??

Pass mark is 70% for all CAA exams, and as long as you study the right material, it's not difficult at all.

Topics for CPL are Aero Engines, Met, Air Law, Navigation, Theory of Flight. For the IR exam, I don't remember, perhaps someone else on the forum can help out.
cabair351
Registered Member

Post by cabair351 »

Thanks for all the help so far.

In addition does anyone know of any other companies who are hiring pilots in Pakistan? These companies dont necessarily have to be airlnes but can also be Cargo airlines or flight schools looking for instructors for example.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Cabair351