PIA does Bangkok six times a week

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

seems like the analysis and prediction which I did above proved to be spot on correct with regards to PIAs newly restarted BKK flights.

Ammad, I like your ISB-BKK-SIN and ISB-BKK-KUL suggestions, however its more cheaper for PIA to fly ISB-SIN-KUL-ISB twice a week with an A 310 than via BKK.
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

Instead of sending a B777 ISB-IST-FRA why not have 3 weekly B777 on the LHE-BKK route. It will give PK an advantage over IFE and cargo against TG A300.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

yup..they are down to 3 times a week...no load...i wonder what idiot thought trying to counter CX..THAI was a good option considering PIA's avg in flight service and how these airlines have enjoyed monopoly on these routes for such a long time..i think its just some time before the management tries to counter CX and thai by bringing in the T7's for BKK hoping that new aircraft will help them compete against other airlines only to know that they have failed once again..as has happened always in PIA..so i doubt that would be a wise choice B777240ER since our marketing has always been very slow and lethargic..
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

It's funny how the folks at this forum seem to be better at making these sorts of decisions than PIA folks themselves. :)
**Fly Emirates**

behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Charlie,

Its not about what aircraft PIA put on the BKK route but its all about the FLIGHT TIMINGS that PIA need to have to serve the PAK-BKK-PAK route.

The current PIA flight timings + lack of marketing were the main reasons for PIAs suspension once again of BKK flights.

If you dont have good flight timings to serve the convenience at both ends of the market then why would a pax want to fly you inspite of a better aircraft!

This is where TG and CX have been very successful at LHE and KHI respectively. They both fly out late night from PAK thus giving u ample time for the whole day to go to work, pack up, have dinner and leave for the airport and plane arrives into BKK at 6-7am thus giving you a whole day in BKK to either do business or sight see.

With PIAs flight timings as mentioned in my long earlier post, you are literally wasting a whole day in "airport/flying mode" especially on some LHE-BKK and ISB-BKK bound flights + arrive into BKK at very odd hours of the day.

Sadiq...its a well known fact that there are some members of this forum who know much more on how to conduct business for PIA than PIA itself does...that has been proven many times in the past on this forum...sad story but its true.
umar744
Registered Member

trip to bkk

Post by umar744 »

my dearest all friend
salam hello
i am umar anis and last time i often flew PIA between pakistan KHI/ISB/LHE and BKK everytime from 1993 to 2006. all pakistani passport were NO need NO require Thailand visa till 1995 then pakistani and indian and bangladesh and few countries NEED thailand visa then after 11 september 2001 increased THREE visa form with three photo,copy of bank,proof of ticket and proof of stay for only pakistan, india and bangladesh. last year september my friend deaf lady won prize winner FREE ticket EVA AIR London-BKK-London. Her passport was pakistan with resident uk visa. i showed her to Thailand Embassy in london and they nearly refused to issue visitor visa to her but i supported her that i showed proof of my home BKK and my passport to them accepted and they said that she must honest fly and return. I have good friend deaf in Karachi's brother normal hearing man works PIA flight operations manager in Bangkok know deaf sign language to me well comminciate. i asked him for why and what wrong flight reduce from 6 six & five 5 flight to 3 three flights then two flights after 11 sept and he said less few passenger from and to BKK but most seat from and to Hong Kong HKG because thai visa problem but he said that most passenger travel from australia, new zealand, hong kong, singapore, far east, etc with work permit and resident visa or dual passport travel fly Thai TG and CX Cathay. they did not connect & catch PIA flight from HKG or BKK to pakistan. I have been BKK TG handle agent staff checked passenger PIA passport 80% pakistani and 15% diploamtic and 5% foregin. then i have seen passenger with foregin passport and dual passport on TG and CX. PIA try PIA best to 6 flight but good and bad luck but this time is low season but high season peak will be busy full seat like May,June,July,August and December and January PLUS Haji & Umra time because last 4th January 2006 my flight FULL seat BKK-ISB and my seat is JUMP SEAT RIDER. i have seen 70% passenger thailand people fly to jeddah for haji and umra.
Pakistani people are very good and PIA are very good. Pakistanin people and PIA are NOT fault because of UN or foregin and Govt are FAULT changed rules setup VISA to pakistani and PIA crew same me too even i am UK passport and some world sometimes questioned me and foregin. i showed regisitered disabled deaf usher syndrome certificate to passport control to sometimes understand sometimes misunderstand.
last six month ago my six deaf friend and me went to BA british airways check in counter for boarding card and BA staff loud shout "please ticket now "we showed deaf & visual card to BA. people watched BA staff bad rude then my one of six deaf sued BA and he ordered DDA = Disabled Discrimination Act to sued BA go to court but BA frightened scared to apologised to DDA and us. BA sent FREE ticket one year anywhere flight to europe to 6 deaf and me. i have BA free ticket with me. DDA carry out ordered court booked BA next two weeks because DDA need BA getup wakeup to understand good respect and good service to people. Yesterday last night Friday my friend deaf passenger fly PIA PK788 London to KHI. He showed deaf card to PIA staff check in counter is very good kind nice to help and respect him and PIA staff wrote note pad pen to talk him and he is very happy with PIA staff helpful nice to him. He like PIA but he said only 74M old aircraft no personal TV LCD seat but he said PIA better service nothing than BA. he said that PIA ticket baggage allowance 30kg plus upgrade 40kg pay little cost. PIA good offer to passenger. my friend asked PIA passenger why like fly PIA? they said good three things:-
1)nonstop direct from London to Pakistan NO change NO stopover
2)30kg to 40kg baggage allowance
3)Pakistani food and free walk round and allowed move to any seat in ecomony class PLUS good fare PIA special offer.
they said small problem are
1)PIA sometimes cabin crew different attitudue only lady girl woman air hotess mood but most man gentleman boy are ok
2)PIA sometimes little late delay due to weather problem or techincal fault
3)PIA seat sometimes little fault or problem.
I flew other airlines and i have seen airlines good kind big heart nice are
1)PIA number No.1 because PIA staff and crew all are friend and good.
2)SAS allowed upgrade business class when full seat plus smile and service
3)Austria & Lauda Air & Tyhoo airline are good help and service
4)Sabena(sad closed down)cabin crew good kind nice introduce captain to come see me when i asked plus service and smile and friend and good food
5)Virgin Altantic good for disabled people.
my favourite airline is PIA because i was born in Pakistan and i love PIA and I love pakistan.
long time Qantas and MAS Malaysia Airlines were good service excellent to me but i feel thank them but i feel love fly PIA everytime for lifetime but i am patient to pay fare to PIA. i wish i am PIA staff
thank you very much
love and best wishes