777 Utilization...

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PIAinORD
Registered Member

777 Utilization...

Post by PIAinORD »

With the two LR's coming into the fleet, that opens up expansion oppurtunites for the other 777ER's. With the LR's doing 3x weekly YYZ and 3 of the 5 weekly JFK service. This leaves the ER's to service the other JFK flights via MAN (though I think their going to use 743's for the other flights that's aren't LR's?) and ORD/IAH via MAN.

What are you thought on the usage of the 777-200ER's now with the LR's in the fleet. They're has been talk of Glasgow or Birmingham getting the ER but I don't know if its wise, honestly PIA should be flight A310's direct to these cities not via Dubai. The extra cycles on the ER IMO should be used to start LAX via PVG as PIA have full 5th freedom LAX-PVG-LAX rights and that will make solid money especially in J class. I think JFK should also be an all 777 operation, with the other two flights operating 777-200ER's instead of 743's and use those on LHR/MAN terminator flights.