Cathay-PIA deal being probed: Pakistan

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

Cathay-PIA deal being probed: Pakistan

Post by smarties »

Pakistan's National Accountability Bureau has started an investigation into the aircraft leases and other contracts between Cathy Pacific Airways and Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), suspecting a conspiracy to defraud PIA.

A lease agreement was chalked out between Cathy Pacific Airways and PIA in 1999 for five Boeing 747-300 aircraft, which was further extended for a period of five years in 2001, reported Daily Times in its Tuesday issue.

The national carrier purchased six Boeing 747-300 aircraft, including the leased planes from Cathy Pacific Airways Limited, the daily said.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Now, 6 years down the line they decide to 'probe' this deal??? These people should simply stick their heads into a bucket of water and drown themselves. They should rename themselves the National Incompetent Bureau. Idiots.
Moin Abbasi
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Now, 6 years down the line they decide to 'probe' this deal??? These people should simply stick their heads into a bucket of water and drown themselves. They should rename themselves the National Incompetent Bureau. I'm pretty sure this is the handywork of the anti-PIA lobby.
Moin Abbasi
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

PIA should sue Cathay Pacific's ass off, if this is true.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

they should take some 744's as compensation and drop the case :lol:
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
Waqar747
Registered Member

Post by Waqar747 »

iqbal wrote:they should take some 744's as compensation and drop the case :lol:
Oh how I wish they could do that! :lol:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Abit late dont you think.... :roll:
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Moin wrote:Now, 6 years down the line they decide to 'probe' this deal??? These people should simply stick their heads into a bucket of water and drown themselves. They should rename themselves the National Incompetent Bureau. Idiots.
I agree, Moin.

NAB is the biggest flop of Pakistani govt. institutions of all. The politically appointed heads of NAB, have no idea in the first place. Most of the govt. agencies are full of buearauecrat (excuse my spelling) who have no idea how things have changed but they will still use the 50's style office methods left by the goras.
Adnan Anwar