Virgin looking at Pakistan!!!

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote:EKs 777-300 (which have over 400 pax) are turned around in 1.5 hours at a busy airport like Heathrow.

If they have rights on the DXB-KHI-DXB sector they would do well on that as well, as there is a growing demand on that route/sector. Recently RJ, LX, KQ, and MS have stopped coming to KHI from DXB so they could take all that traffic. With VS's cheap fares, the whole route could to well.
The fact that MS RJ LX and KQ have stopped flying this sector is a red flag. VS wouldn't be able to survive. Every 6 months, EK seems to add to its flights, while another airline pulls out. My guess is that MH is next.
**Fly Emirates**

Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

It would be nice to see VS in Pakistan and they can easily do a 1.5 hour turnaround time as thats what EK does with its 773's here at KHI and elsewhere and the 773 is larger than the A343 and almost equal in comparison to the A346. If they come via DXB, the crew will probably change in DXB and have a seperate crew for the PAK-DXB-PAK sector which will also save time.

One thing that does come to mind though is that our custodians of peoples morals (the beards) will have a problem with Lady Penelope gracing the a/c and its not unlikely that the ground service crews here will have a hardon every time the a/c arrives!
Moin Abbasi
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

1.5 hour turnaround time as thats what EK does with its 773's here at KHI and elsewhere and the 773 is larger than A343
Actually, the turnaround the 773 (EK600/1) around in 1.15 mins!

RJ, KQ, MS use to serve KHI 2 a week and they were relying mainly on traffic from Europe (RJ/MS), especially the UK. VS would serve at least 4 times a week without a change of plane. Besides, Virgin is a brand name i'm sure it would do well, and would give PK and EK a run for their money. PIA is the only airline which provides same plane service to London from KHI.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote:
RJ, KQ, MS use to serve KHI 2 a week and they were relying mainly on traffic from Europe (RJ/MS), especially the UK. VS would serve at least 4 times a week without a change of plane. Besides, Virgin is a brand name i'm sure it would do well.
In my opinion, any airline that offered / will offer / offers flights between DXB and KHI that aren't daily are going to get crushed.

Currently, ED PK and EK seem to be doing well but MH (not sure of the frequency) always seems to have open flights. This was also true of Swiss (also a "brand name" airline)

I remember one day in January when my family was flying KHI-DXB, and they were offloading people from all classes on all the 4 flights (EK601/603/605/607) whereas the poor MH flight on that day was completely empty.

Even if VS could offer daily services, I don't the the 1-stop service would convince any passengers to change their travel to VS from whatever they currently use.

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Even if VS could offer daily services, I don't the the 1-stop service would convince any passengers to change their travel to VS from whatever they currently use.
They would def convince me. I always hear people in karachi say that they wish that BA or VS would come to KHI. BTW MH only serves KHI- DXB like 2 a week, and i would not call "swiss" a brand name. Virgin even make cola now!
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote:
They would def convince me. I always hear people in karachi say that they wish that BA or VS would come to KHI.
So do I. However, if they are going to stop along the way, that takes away the whole reason that I want BA or VS (or BD) to come to Karachi in the first place.

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote: and i would not call "swiss" a brand name. Virgin even make cola now!
Ahh, I see. By brand name, I thought you meant an Airline that was well-known.

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**

smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

So do I. However, if they are going to stop along the way, that takes away the whole reason that I want BA or VS (or BD) to come to Karachi in the first place.
Well, as long as you don't have to get off and its only an hours stop!
Ahh, I see. By brand name, I thought you meant an Airline that was well-known.
I meant it in both ways!!
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Moin wrote: One thing that does come to mind though is that our custodians of peoples morals (the beards) will have a problem with Lady Penelope gracing the a/c and its not unlikely that the ground service crews here will have a hardon every time the a/c arrives!
Wondering the same thing.....Saudi Arabia i think had an issue with it too.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Post by mohammed younis »

I just called Virgin sales support, asking if there is a possibility if they will be flying to Pakistan, they advised that they know nothing about it.....

its news to them... they are not aware of any info on regards to Virgin Atlantic flying to Pakistan
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

It'll be a great day in Aviation when the Lady in Red arrives in Pakistan, bringing with her the highest standards of inflight service combined with a fun and pleasurable flying experience......................

But before that she'll have to cover up in case the Mullahs start burning effigies of Barbie in the streets in protest!!!! :o
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

mohammed younis wrote:I just called Virgin sales support, asking if there is a possibility if they will be flying to Pakistan, they advised that they know nothing about it.....

its news to them... they are not aware of any info on regards to Virgin Atlantic flying to Pakistan
Younis this is only one press release by a Pakistani newspaper nothing is concrete it is still under consideration...so i doubt the sales support will know anything about it.
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

Moin wrote:It would be nice to see VS in Pakistan and they can easily do a 1.5 hour turnaround time as thats what EK does with its 773's here at KHI and elsewhere and the 773 is larger than the A343 and almost equal in comparison to the A346. If they come via DXB, the crew will probably change in DXB and have a seperate crew for the PAK-DXB-PAK sector which will also save time.

One thing that does come to mind though is that our custodians of peoples morals (the beards) will have a problem with Lady Penelope gracing the a/c and its not unlikely that the ground service crews here will have a hardon every time the a/c arrives!
Not to worry, the "custodians" have already been castrated per the pogrom set in motion under the auspices of enlightened moderation. Plus there are more scantily dressed natives walking around with impunity that an issue being made of what the big bad omnipotent mullah would do is nothing but a red herring.
HokutoNoKen
Registered Member

Post by HokutoNoKen »

Plus there are more scantily dressed natives walking around
totally agree there so doubt itd be a problem with the enlightened ones
PK786
Registered Member

Post by PK786 »

Maybe this will help....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: