GF 1011/011 KHI-MCT-LHR

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

behramjee wrote:
Wow, that is a big time coup for you guys. A daily direct service from LHR to KHI, through the back door.
No EK too has a KHI-DXB-LHR daily same plane afternoon flight with a B 773 with a 1 hour transit in DXB. As long as its NOT NONSTOP from KHI to LHR and involves a TRANSIT and not a TECH STOP enroute its ok...because we are filling the plane with more pax at MCT.

GF has the same thing for DEL-BAH-FRA services and EK has too for BOM-DXB-LHR daily A 332s.

EY has same plane A 332 service LHR-AUH-BKK.
Nope, the B773s that are used are different. EK601 (Dep: 1215) is a 2 class 777 whereas EK3 (dep 1415) is a 3 class 777.

There are many connections on EK between KHI and LHR but none on the same plane.

EK603 (EQV) / EK7 (332)
EK605 (332) / EK1 (77W)
EK601 (773 JY) / EK3 (773 FJY)
EK607 (EQV) / EK5 (777)

Cheers
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

ord wrote:
Wow, that is a big time coup for you guys. A daily direct service from LHR to KHI, through the back door.

I have a feeling once the authorities find out what you are up to, they are going to stop this, as basically it sounds as though this flight is being operated as one flight, with a stop in MCT, which is clearly against the PAK-UK bilateral restricting services to LHR to 10x weekly per week.

I don't have exact details now, but I believe someone already tried this ploy with a stop in some Central Asian location and it ran for a couple of months before the authorities figured out that infact the service was not a connecing one, as was being claimed by the airline, but a direct service with a stopover.
I also have a feeling that they will stop it. I have flown flights before when it was the same plane with a new flight number but we were required to get off in order to keep things legal.

If the flight on the same plane that is fine, but if they don't require the passengers to get off and make the 2nd segment a "new" flight, they are clearly breaking the bilateral rules.

ps thanks for the trip report

Cheers
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

ps thanks for the trip report

Cheers
You are welcome guys.

Nope, the B773s that are used are different. EK601 (Dep: 1215) is a 2 class 777 whereas EK3 (dep 1415) is a 3 class 777.

There are many connections on EK between KHI and LHR but none on the same plane.

EK603 (EQV) / EK7 (332)
EK605 (332) / EK1 (77W)
EK601 (773 JY) / EK3 (773 FJY)
EK607 (EQV) / EK5 (777)
No, actually Behramjee is quite right. I used EK 3 years ago from KHI to LHR and it was the same plane as i noted the registration of the plane for EK 601/003. I was sitting in business class on the KHI-DXB sector on EK 601 and i saw First class was empty. On the EK003 we were upgraded to F. What actually happens is that on EK 601 first class is empty and its not sold (not availalable to book), and only J and Y are sold. And on EK003 all 3 class are used and are available to book
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The other Central Asian airline you talk about was Tajik Air which used an old Pan Am 747SP. Their fares were very cheap but soon stopped and alot of pax were left stranded.
Moin Abbasi
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

I forgot to mention that Gulf Air also has outside cameras, like Emirates which show pilots view during taxi, take off and landing. Which other airlines have these cameras? I wonder if PIAs new 777LR has them?
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote: No, actually Behramjee is quite right. I used EK 3 years ago from KHI to LHR and it was the same plane as i noted the registration of the plane for EK 601/003. I was sitting in business class on the KHI-DXB sector on EK 601 and i saw First class was empty. On the EK003 we were upgraded to F. What actually happens is that on EK 601 first class is empty and its not sold (not availalable to book), and only J and Y are sold. And on EK003 all 3 class are used and are available to book
Agree totally... a few years ago this was the case. However, it is not the case right now.

Also... recently, EK has allowed people to sit in the F cabin at no charge.

EK604/605 is often a 3 class A330-200, and we were able to sit in F on a recent trip. This also happens (but less often) on EK602/603/606/607, and I haven't seen it on EK600/601 (the flights I use most often) in a lonngggg time.

Cheers
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote: What actually happens is that on EK 601 first class is empty and its not sold (not availalable to book), and only J and Y are sold. And on EK003 all 3 class are used and are available to book
Hey,

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying

a) F is not sold
b) you can't sit in F

c) both

:?

Any clarification is much appreciated :)

Cheers
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Hey,

a) F is not sold
b) you can't sit in F

c) both

Cheers
F is not sold and you can't sit in it on EK 601/607/605 etc... The same thing happened when i was coming by GF, it had 3 classes, and F was empty on the KHI-MCT sector, but full on the MCT-LHR sector on the same aircraft (A40-KC)
sadiqhassan
Registered Member

Post by sadiqhassan »

smarties wrote:
Hey,

a) F is not sold
b) you can't sit in F

c) both

Cheers
F is not sold and you can't sit in it on EK 601/607/605 etc... The same thing happened when i was coming by GF, it had 3 classes, and F was empty on the KHI-MCT sector, but full on the MCT-LHR sector on the same aircraft (A40-KC)
Thanks for the clarification :)

I guess the good news is: now you can :)

The Emirates website will even allow you to pre-hold seats in the F cabin with a J class ticket.

Cheers
**Fly Emirates**